Leviton Smart Dimmer Issues

Recently installed under cabinet lighting using a Leviton Dimmer (DH1KD-1BZ). Integrated into Smartthings and Google Home without issue. I can control the switch withing the Smartthings app and with voice control using my Google Home Mini to turn on/off as well as dimming level. The issue I’m running into is the switch turning on with routines and a few pistons I have setup in WebCore. Once on, these commands work fine to turn the switch off, bur for some reason the switch is not turning on when prompted by a piston or routine. When I look under the recently tab in the classic Smartthings app I see where there is a prompt that, for instance, “Google sent on command to cabinet lighting”. But the switch doesn’t turn on. I get a similar prompt when Google or Smartthings sends a command to turn them off, but the switch actually turns off in those instances. Just an issue with turning on. Any ideas?

Are you sure about that particular model number? The one you listed is the Apple HomeKit version of the dimmer. How did you integrate it with SmartThings? Most people use Z-Wave for light switches.

1 Like

If you get past the wrong device type issue, you might want to post over in the webCore community. Folks over there can take a look at the piston and more importantly, the logs.

2 Likes

Sorry, looks like I posted the wrong model number. It’s definitely the Z-Wave model, which is how I integrated it with Smartthings and Google Home. Model #DH1KD-1BZ.

1 Like

Great, thanks for clearing that up. Next question… in the ST Classic App, can you turn the switch both On and Off successfully? If yes, then the issue is most likely in your Routine or Piston logic. If no, then you have an issue with the ST Hub and the Leviton switch not communicating properly.

Is this your only Z-Wave device? If so, how far away from your ST hub is it? You may need another Z-Wave repeater device in between the Hub and the Switch if the signal is too weak.

If you turn the switch on an off manually by pressing the switch, does the state of the switch change as expected in the ST Classic App?

2 Likes

Also, try running zwave repair…

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed response.

I’m not home to confirm your first question, but I’m pretty sure the answer to that is yes. In the piston in question all I did was update an existing piston by adding my cabinet lighting. It was already setup to turn on 2 kitchen lights and my living room light.

No, I have several Z-Wave devices including 3 other Leviton switches and a Z-Wave deadbolt. My cabinet lighting switch is about 30-40 feet away from my hub, similar distance to another Leviton switch in my kitchen

For your last question, I again will have to check when I get home to be certain, but I’m pretty sure the answer is yes.

What is weird is that the only issue is turning the switch on. It’s works as expected when turning it off. I have my good night routine and good bye routine setup in Google Home to turn several lights off. This works every time to turn all lights off as expected, including my new Leviton dimmer for my cabinet lights. My good morning routine is setup to turn them on and my WebCore piston is also setup to turn them on. These work as expected to turn certain lights on except my cabinet lighting. So it’s not just a WebCore or Google Home issue it seems.

1 Like

Thanks!! Will give this a try.

The ZWave repair seemed to get things working. Thanks for all the suggestions!!

1 Like