LANnouncer Not Working

I have installed LANnouncer on an old tablet (Nexus 7) and installed the Device Handler.
But when I press Notify or Siren in the SmartThings Classic APP, the tablet does not sound.
Any ideas what the problem is?

Does the Speak or Tone buttons work?

No, they don’t

In the Device Handler, click on the gear icon, that brings you to a settings page, make sure the IP address and port matches the same as the LANnouncer app on your Nexus 7. Also make sure that your Nexus 7 has been upgraded to Android OS 5.

I’ve checked, and everything is as it should be.

Do you know what version of LANnouncer you are running on your Nexus 7? I do have an older version of the APK that might make a difference. PM if you want to try that.

I would like to test that. But, stupid question maybe, how do you PM? I’m pretty new here …

Just click on “J” circle icon next to my name and you can message me directly privately.

I have this same issue. Nothing seems to work from SmartThings. Validated the IP and ports. Using Classic. I was able to make the alarm go off from my windows computer & CURL?

What kind of Android device are you using? In the Smartthings classic app, are you able to get a response if you click the Tone button?

I figured it out. I am using Google home mesh and my hub was plugged into the router and not the mesh. Moved it and speak and siren work, bit tone and notify do not…

Ah, good to know. Try using BigTalker to send LANnouncer events

Have installed LANnouncer on Fire 8 and created device in ST. Shows up in ST app (hurray!) but no chime, alarm or anything. Volume on tablet for chime is high. Using port and IP info from tablet.

Have installed LANnouncer on Fire 8 and created device in ST. Shows up in ST app (hurray!) but no chime, alarm or anything. Volume on tablet for chime is high. Using port and IP info from tablet.