Lannouncer not showing up as a device

(John Hires) #1

I have lannouncer up and running on my android tablet and integrated into my account and when I press the alarm button my device sounds the alarm, but my issue is while trying to integrate lannouncer in big talker it is not showing up as a text to speech device. does anyone konw where i may be going wrong or what i need to do to get it to show up as a text to speech device

Whenever you are using custom code, the quickest way to get an answer to questions is to put your post in the author thread for that particular custom code. The author will be automatically notified when there are new posts to their thread and other people who are using the same code will also see it and may be able to help. :sunglasses:

In this particular case:

(Brian ) #3

Note, I had the exact same problem and scoured the LANnouncer forums and found the answer…you have to set up Bigtalker in the inital configuration phase to set the default for Music Player to “OFF” so Bigtalker will work as a speech synthesis device. After doing this LANnouncer will now show up as a device to send commands to.

Go and check out the post from @rhoffer in the link provided by @JDRoberts.

(John Hires) #4

Thanks that fixed the issue.

(Gruff Davies) #5

If anyone is totally baffled and struggling to get Lannouncer and Big Talker working with SmartThings mobile app because none of the instructions make any sense, check which version of the app you have installed. Samsung have released a new SmartThings app and it DOES NOT WORK with SmartApps and nothing will work or make sense.

Go to google play and install the SmartThings Classic app to save your sanity. I wasted days on this.