Kwikset Zigbee Is Recognized For Pairing, But Won't Connect Once Paired

Hey All,
So I got a used (open-box) SmatThings Hub on Ebay that I just got in the mail. I also got a Kwikset Convert (Amazon Cloud Cam edition) a few days ago that I set up. The Kwikset lock, though marketed for use with the Amazon Cloud Cam, works with any Zigbee hub. There are several threads on this; apparently it’s been working for everyone with the standard device handler.
So here’s the thing. When I went to pair this lock, it worked. Nice. Recognized it soonafter I clicked the A button four times (as instructed). It suggested just calling it “Thing”, but I renamed it to “door lock”. Great. But when I go back to SmartThings to try to use it, it says “Can’t connect to device. Check device and try again.” in the newer app and “Please wait” in the older one. Tried unpairing it and repairing it. Pairs fine, but still won’t connect once I try to control it. The SmartThings Hub is literally like 5 feet away (in direct line of sight) from the lock.
I’m new to SmartThings; maybe I’m missing something. Either way, I looked in all of the support forms I could find for hours and couldn’t find a solution. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it didn’t associate the correct driver. Go to the IDE and check to see what device type it is showing, don’t see a Kwickset driver so I’m guessing it should be using the Zigbee Lock driver.

Hi @b.rad, I’ve got 2 of those working perfectly with SmartThimgs. Renaming the device won’t do the trick. You’ll need to go into the IDE and change the Type field for the device to “ZigBee Lock”.

Within the IDE, go to your list of devices and click on your lock, and then click on the EDIT. When you do that, you should see the following image. Select Zigbee Lock from the dropdown list, then click on Update.