Kwikset convert Zwave

Check out this topic as well, it may help understand how to get started with smarthings IDE and all

Hey thanks for the info. I successfully migrated all my devices over from wink. I just added a lock to make life easier. It always gets locked every night and unlocked at the right time for the nanny to arrive.

2 Likes

By switching it to without codes you lost the ability to program codes. Ideally when you your pair your lock it should automatically pick the right device handler for you (you don’t need to change it unless there’s a specific reason).

I think I know why it didn’t “ZigBee Lock” for your in the first post. I’ll submit a patch to SmartThings to fix it so it’ll pick it up automatically when you pair it next time. @johnconstantelo you have the same lock and I’m assuming you’re using ZigBee Lock for it along with LUM.

If you’re looking to program codes check out the Lock User Management (LUM) to manager your user and create custom actions and notifications for each user code. You can a do lot of cool user types like presence based or mode based so it’ll activate users when people are around (or not) , even unlock/lock doors when the presence status changes, scheduled codes and tons more (like having it announce on Alexa or Sonos/Bose when codes are used).

I’m pretty sure it’s just a fingerprint that needs added since these show up as a Thing and you need to change the handler. There are a couple discussions around here about this lock.

No. I only use LUM with my Iris keypad. These locks don’t have keypads, and are pretty basic.

Here are the locks I have. I don’t use these with Amazon ket, just ST:
https://www.amazon.com/Kwikset-Convert-Smart-Conversion-Amazon/dp/B071KLHWSP/ref=psdc_511306_t3_B07CPH6GWG

Here’s the model the OP has: (but with the zigbee module instead)
https://www.amazon.com/Kwikset-99140-103-Convert-Connect-Venetian/dp/B07CPH6GWG/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Kwikset+Convert+zwave+plus&qid=1591443764&s=hi&sr=1-1

1 Like

Sorry for bumping an one-year old topic, but I have the same Kwikset Convert kit (Model on device at top says 450241, which a quick Google search also coincides with a Z-Wave Plus device). The online listing and the packaging of the item both say it’s Z-Wave, so I’ve tried pairing them as per instructions as such. No gravy.

I tried pairing instead as a Zigbee, which requires pressing the A button 4x. Still no gravy. Any solutions? Every thing in the instructions up until the pairing bit was progressing fine, with brand-new set of batteries to test. Even tried with the thing sitting on top of the Hub in case ‘distance’ was an issue.

One thing of concern is that while the red LED does light up after pressing the A button, it only stays on for up to 3-4 seconds. Is it supposed to be that short? Or did I get a dud…

I’ll try calling Kwikset Support as well, but figured the Samsung comm may have experience.

I had that issue with it. It worked after I did this

I’ve done that Door Handling process 3x and straight into pairing mode to no avail.
Tried holding that Program button 30s to reset as well, and do over the whole set up. No go.

Welp, I would contact Kwikset Support… but the place I bought the kit from gave me full refund, haha

A glorified paperweight for now.