Issues with Device Control and Hub Connectivity (December 18, 2019)

I have v3 hub that was working fine for many months.
4 days ago i had network failure due to rupture of external network cable which was replaced 2 days ago. There were not any changes in the router or access points inside the house and the network is back to full operation but the v3 hub stays offline with solid blue light.

1. I did reboot several times of the router and also the hub, with no help.
  2. All ports are open in the router.
  3. The hub is connected by ethernet cable. I tried to replace it and connect in different places including directly to the router with no result.
  4. the Hub IP appear on the router and also respond to ping.
  5. I even tried to connect with a friend’s network while changing the wifi connection- it also didn’t help- still blue light.
  6. my internet connection is solid and stable.

I believe it’s some kind of a problem with smartthings surver connection with my hub.

Of course i prefer not to do factory reset as there many devices connected.

Hope you could help

Probably need to contact support and have them look ok the back end for why it’s not connecting.

My system is still a bit wonky. My hub is currently showing as offline in the V3 app, but my webcore pistons seem to be working ok. Some zigbee devices are also showing as offline.

This platform seems to work great some days, then others is just falls on its face. I never know if it’s my code or the platform bugging out. Makes it tough to debug, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Holy cow, I thought I was alone on this. I have using my ST hub 2 for almost 4 years solid not issues, while on vacation on Dec. 09 I was able to turn on my lights remotely even the Christmas tree at around 6:30pm. Before going to be I was like let me go ahead and set good night mode… nothing happened… try a few things… nothing. Came back from vacation dec. 11 and removed the hub from the power, batteries out and leave it there for a few mins, put everything back… nothing works. Check ide…some devices are online some offline…but none of online devices work via app or voice command, and those that work only 3 out of 25 are really delayed. Contacted ST they told me to try to remove and exclude an offline device and re-add it. Did it and the device came back online but the device still online doesn’t react to the app or voice command. The only thing new around in my house is Ring Alarm System that has been running for almost 2 months…not sure if maybe z wave from Ring is affecting z wave from ST… forgot to mention the devices that only works smoothly are those link to the hue hub… basically only bulbs.

My system is completely effed right now. Things are laggy or not responding at all.

Same here since dec. 09. And I don’t really want to go thru the whole drama of redoing the whole system with a new hub…have some handlers that I don’t even remember how to set them up. LoL…has been a while since I have done dirty work on my IDE.

Same here. This new issue of no device control at all from the Classic app for me started last night (12/22). I have some smart plugs behind the TV stuck in the ON state that I can’t turn off unless I climb up there and pull the plug.

I left the hub power down for almost a day, turn it back on and did a z wave repair and still nothing work. Doesn’t want to try to many things…due to the fact that it was working 100 % and all of the sudden everything went down.

Have you called support? They can sometimes work minor miracles

Being working with them for about 2 week. :frowning:

1 Like

If you use the Classic App on an Android phone, try to revert back to the previous version of the app from Apk mirror. The last released version is absolutely bad. I have updated on my new phone and went back to the previous version immediately. @RBoy posted a notice about its issues on his FB page. If I wouldn’t see that, then I wouldn’t be aware of it.

Can an app upgrade affect how the hub work?..

I meant that for control issues of a previous post. If your hub is not working, than that is the hub. Z wave was an issue with the few update, then they released a hot fix. Your description is not clear what is working and what is not.

What devices do you have? What can you control? What is offline? What drops offline time to time?

Device health in any of the apps is a different story. That is cloud based and not local.

Thanks for all the replies. UPDATE FIXED: I recently install the Ring Alarm System and I started to have issues with the keypad getting disconnected on and off. After almost 3 weeks of using Ring and while on Vacation dec 9 most of my ST Z-wave mesh went offline. I opened a ticket and a few instructions were given to me with no positive results. (ST Hub was online, but it wouldn’t control anything via st classic app or voice command). I was like well it might be time for a new ST hub. Yesterday 12/30. I contacted Ring regarding my Keypad issue and while troubleshooting with the Ring agent he brought to my attention that the keypad was trying to reach out to the Ring base but it looks like he couldn’t connect due to “noise”. He asked me if the Ring hub was near another device ex. Router, computer, another Alarm system…I told him I have ADT but Im sure it runs on something else than Z-wave. Then I brought to his attention was my ST hub…but he didn’t know anything about it. I told him I was going to troubleshoot the Ring alarm by disconnecting the base and taking it away along with the keypad to another location (work) and see if there (with no Z-wave devices around) it would connect to the Ring home base. i went ahead and turn everything off on the Ring Alarm System…and just after almost 24 hours with the Ring system off my ST mesh is getting back online is not completely healed but some of devices that were offline, now are online and working via st app or voice command…

My question now is, would the Ring Alarm System mess with our ST ecosystem?.. According to the Ring tech support, when there is too much noise on the system the ecosystem will start to collapse a little by little. No sure what was the trigger that after 3 weeks of both working in the house…one (Ring) had an impact on my whole ST ecosystem…looks like I will be returning my Ring Alarm System. By the way both st hub and ring base were almost 30 ft away from each other and never were near to each other.