Issues Connecting Samsung Robot Vac Through ST App

Hi,
I recently had to upgrade my V1 hub (end of life) to a new Aeotec ST Hub.

The new hub is up and running and pretty much all my devices have been added to it and are working fine. With ONE notable exception.

I have a Samsung PowerBot 7040 robot vac that was added to my V1 hub and it functioned just fine. When I was removing devices from my old hub I reset the vac by powering it off for 2.5 minutes, then removing it from the app after restarting the robot.

For the life of me I CANNOT add this thing back into the app. I add a robot vacuum, select Samsung PowerBot and follow the instructions. When Iā€™m asked to connect to WiFi on the vacuum and enter the password. When ST is trying to communicate with the vacuum it always fails. It says that it is unable to verify the device and throws a 14-004 error,

I called ST support and they had me try another reset before transferring me to Samsung Vacuum Cleaner Support. They really didnā€™t seem to have a clue, first asking me to go to the Google Play store to download the ST app (even though I told them I was running iOS several times). When we finally got round to having me try to connect, it failed and I gave the tech the 14-004 error code. She looked at something on her computer and then came back to me saying that this was a ā€œPermissions Errorā€ and that I needed to call Apple to have them grant access to the device on my phone (even though I told her several times that it had been connected to the same phone 2 days earlier).

At this point Iā€™m confused and frustrated.

Does anyone have experience setting these things up in ST and (better still) have a workaround for the 14-004 error?

I had thought about trying to set it up on one of our phones (configured as a hotspot) but figured that, in the event of a power failure (and we have several every year) I would have to jump through more hoops to get it back into the app again.

My sincere thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer

Hey there! @spotlizard, Thanks for reaching out for assistance with your VR1AM7040 PowerBot, it is a compatible device that is able to be connected to the new ST application and Aeotec ST Hub.

Have you already attempted to add the vacuum by Model code? Add Device (+) > Samsung > Robot Cleaner > Support Devices > Type your Model code like the below images.

Additionally, I wanted to provide you with this troubleshooting article:

These are the error codes meanings of PowerBot 7040 for reference.

Iā€™m not familiar with that model so, If the symptom persists I would recommend creating a Support ticket so we can look into your concerns further.

You can reach out directly to a support team in your area using the below information:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk

I hope this helps and this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Samsung Zell,
You sir, are a rockstar!! That was the ā€˜shoveā€™ it needed to push it over the line :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Up until this point, I had just been going to Add Device > Robot Vacuum and selecting the ā€œSamsung PowerBot (with remote)ā€ option. I hadnā€™t paid much attention to the ā€œSupported Devicesā€ section. I didnā€™t remember having to do that the last time I added it.

Thank you SO much for the assist. Very much appreciated

1 Like

@spotlizard, Thank you for following back up with me to confirm. Iā€™m glad that the troubleshooting provided was able to resolve your concerns :slight_smile:

You are very welcome, always keep in mind that you have the ability to Add by Brand/Model Code combo for the best accuracy.

Also, you can look up Supported devices by Model code in the Application or At this link if you are questioning integration for a device: Samsung Smart Home Compatible Devices

Enjoy your cleaned location!

^SamsungZell

HI @SamsungZell

I have exactly the same problem with my vacuum cleaner (7030).
but if I follow your guide and go in and add device> robotcleaner> then I only have ā€œpowerbot-eā€ to choose. I am a little afraid that it is because I live in Denmark I do not have more choices

What can i do?

br Philip

Hey there! @Philip_W Welcome to the Community! :slight_smile: What is the full model code of your device? That could be why the option is not displaying.

If you are unable to set it up using the ā€œPowerbot-eā€ troubleshooting steps located in this article:Connect SmartThings to a Samsung POWERbot | Samsung Australia

All functions and step descriptions related to the SmartThings app differ depending on the software version. Available technologies and functions may vary depending on the country, service provider, network environment, or product.

I would then recommend reaching out to the support team in your region for further assistance.

US: support@smartthings.com
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

When you go to add a device can you select the ā€œBy Brandā€ option, then select Samsung, then select ā€œRonot Cleanerā€ On the very next screen you are looking for some blue text that says something like ā€œView by Model Nameā€. Click that and tap your cleaner model. Follow the rest of the on-screen instructions and you should be good.

Hope this helps