ISelector/Jinvoo WiFi Plugs not showing up in ST

I have some wifi light bulbs and wifi plugs that are linked to Google Home. They work fine in Goggle Home, either via voice commands or the app. I have added my Google account in the ST app and the wifi bulbs show up in ST but not the plugs. Any ideas why? and how do I get the plugs to show up in ST?

First rule of home automation: the model number matters.

What’s the brand and model of the devices?

Hi JD, THESE are the plugs.

I was under the impression that if it works with another service (Google), it would work with ST once the Google account is linked? Being as at this point ST would have no compatibility requirements as that is being handled by Google and ST just has to communicate with Google vs. the devices itself.

I know that would make sense, but it’s not how it works at the present time. There are many devices that work with google and do not work with smartthings. Same for Alexa. There’s a workaround for Alexa through Alexa routines, but so far Google does not have the same functionality.

Right now, its a one-way integration. Smartthings exposes its connected devices to Google, but Google doesn’t do the same in the other direction.

1 Like

Ok, as far as that specific brand, it looks like they use the Jinvoo cloud, and there’s no official integration with that yet. :disappointed_relieved:

Since they do work with Alexa you could use the Alexa app and get partial integration through Alexa routines.

See the community FAQ:

FAQ: WIFI Devices in ST? How can I integrate a WiFi or Bluetooth device that isn’t listed in the SmartThings app?

1 Like

I have wifi bulbs that were setup in Google Home and show up in the ST app (I assume via the Google integration in ST)? Google Home speakers as well.

Last I heard, It wouldn’t be because of the google integration.

What’s the brand and model of the bulbs?

Sylvania SYL-74768. I see that Sylvania is supported by ST. They were setup a long time ago so I thought they were in ST via GH.

Those are using zigbee, not WiFi. Google Home can’t find them unless they are first connected to a SmartThings hub, the google device doesn’t have a zigbee radio.

Also remember that the integration is always by model number, not brand. Not all devices of a brand will necessarily work even if some do.

1 Like

OMG, I can’t even keep track of my devices anymore. I don’t know why I thought they were wifi. I got them from Walmart two years ago and when I went back to check the order, it says model 74768. I then looked at a bulb and it says 74696. Either way, they are both Zigbee. It seems you know more about my ecosystem than I do :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

JD, thanks for all the feedback!

1 Like