Google home link to ST sees devices but doesn’t show on google home app

Hi, has anyone faced the following issue when linking your ST with GH on the app?

1. When I go to the GH app on my iOS and link existing devices. I can find my ST Hub.
  2. when it is linked, GH indicates it finds 36 items and when I click on allow only 20+ show on the GH app?

The items that aren’t showing are my Bali motorized blinds.

did you allow access to google assistant in the ST smart app called “Google”, it shows up after you sign in to ST on the google home app?

Hi Matt, I did link the google assist to the ST app and when I signed into the google app it showed showed ST Had 30+ Devices , but only 20+ show up. Not sure why

in the samsung smartthings app, under “smart apps” there is an app called google. When you open that app it shows which devices you have in smartthings that google is allowed to see and control. Do the blinds and other missing devices show up in that smart app in the ST app.

They aren’t showing up. But like I said when I unlinked ST on the Google app and Relink. The google apps finds 30+ devices. I click on allow but only 20+ show up on the google app.

yes, but specifically in the smartthings app only. Under either automations or smart apps there is a google app to decide which devices google assistant can access each device has a toggle on/off. Are those toggles all on ?

Ah. I see. In the ST app for google the Bali Shades aren’t on the list for me to share/ link with google. Any idea how I have them on the list for me to link to google?

• Kwok

It could be the SmartThings device type isn’t supported by google? You could try changing it to generic zwave device or similar and see if it shows up on google home app. You can always change it back, it’s just a drop down menu in the IDE. I’ve also read a few people created virtual devices that google does support, and using those virtual devices to control the blinds as well.

Basic Version:

1. Go to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/
  2. Login and then click on My Locations, then click on your hub name.
  3. Login again (if it asks you to, sometimes it won’t).
  4. Go to My Devices, then click on the device name for the shade
  5. Click on Edit, and under device type, choose Dimmer Switch or Z-wave Dimmer Switch Generic and save.
  6. Now once you do that on all the shades, you may need to allow google to control the new device in the ST app under smart apps or automations>google>check in the box to allow your device to be seen by google. I believe google refreshes your devices every 5 minutes or so. I don’t think you need to re-authorize smartthings in the google home app for new devices to show up. TEST
  7. Enjoy!
1 Like

It worked!!! Thank you so much! I used Dimmer Switch and I’m loving it :slight_smile:

• Kwok
1 Like

steps 1-3 Can be bypassed by logging in at https://account.smartthings.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great tip!

Matt, I can’t find this in the ST app. In my case, when connected to Google Home, it shows only 2 of 3 actual devices. My goal is to connect my Google home speaker to my Samsung TV via the ST hub.

1 Like

I like your idea.

SamsungTV -->Google home
You might be able to use the Bluetooth of the Google home and the Samsung tv to connect for audio from the Google home to the TV but vice versa might be challenging. The Samsung TV s work really well with Samsung wifi speakers and that’s about it. Depending on which ghome you could run an audio cord.

Google speaker ----> Samsung tv (Chromecast?)
Although, the Chromecast ultra makes that connection seamless. Full powered voice control of Netflix, YouTube, and more including YouTube search results. That’s with no smart things integration. With ST community smart apps like cast-web-api and big talker the possibilities are endless. If you go with Chromecast be sure anynet+ is enabled on the sanding tv.

Fwiw my ghome app doesn’t show my 2017SamsungTV as a thing either.

I used to have google smart app inside smartthings app. For some reason i had to unlink and remove the integration from both side.
Now when I am trying to link it, I can do it successfully from google home app which adds all device by default. But for some reason I am not able to see google assistant app inside smartthings. I wonder if it has to do with migration to samsung account.

Same here! Had to unlink then relink, now no Google smartapp shows up in either the smartthings or smartthings classic app. Smartthings devices show in Google home and work, but I can’t access any of my smartthings classic routines. With no Google home smartapp I can’t directly select these routines either. Does anyone know what’s going on? Any help is much appreciated!

1 Like

Same problem I have 9 devices in smartthings only 8 show in Goigle home. One I just recently added a samsung gaming monitor. It shows up in smartthings but not in Google home. I’ve unlinked, relinked, unistalled still nothing have you found any simple solutions anyone at all?