Is Alex's profile picture showing the old dashboard?

Continuing the discussion from A Message from Alex on Platform Improvements and Our Plan Forward:

Ok, now I am derailing the conversation, but :slight_smile: here is the million dollar question…When can we get our hands on the app that is featured on your profile?! That is toooooo coooool!!! Or is that the old app’s dashboard, I don’t even remember…

1 Like

That looks like the old app on the Android platform.

Yeah, I think so too…but I want it back…:slight_smile: Which reminded me of what @slagle said a while ago…

1 Like

Dashboards are the last thing on my priority list. It’s all about stability at this point.

3 Likes

Hey distracted by shiny objects…don’t shoot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes. That’s the older version of the app with a deeper dashboard. We are working on providing some really innovative things in that arena including developer tools, but it comes behind some of the fundamental platform improvement work that I mentioned yesterday. It’s high in our minds though, and I’d like to see a far better version of dashboard-like capabilities of yore be introduced!

4 Likes

Here’s an idea… Until that happens let us have the old dashboard back… That’s at least 100% more than we have now!

Some of us still have the old dashboard. I do. It rarely shows the correct status of devices. I’m assuming because it isn’t really supported anymore. I can’t bring myself to delete it. But I’m excited to see what the new version will be once it comes out.

2 Likes

This. I purposely removed it since it was inaccurate.

Yeah but that is a slippery slope. You might have deleted the whole app if you were looking for accuracy lately. :wink:

1 Like

Lol I’m in the same boat Greg… Can’t use it due to the inaccuracy purposes but it reminds me of the good ol days, so I haven’t deleted it.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I believe that the old Dashboard Solution apps are in the set of “inefficient SmartApps that have a disproportionate performance impact on the platform”. Seriously… Check out live logging… The underlying SmartApps are very chatty.

2 Likes