iOS client (in)stability

It’s happened 6 times so far today for me. Running iOS 14.6 on iphone7+

Sadly my crappy S6 that doesn’t support the new UI does work. Thank goodness for backup tech.

Room order and wallpaper choices get shuffled each time I’m able to reconnect.

It’s very frustrating and making me rethink if I promote this to my customers or switch entirely.

Have to deal with this today with the iOS app. Sometimes I get logged in and then get kicked out a few seconds later.

2 Likes

Now that you mention that, I have the same issue.

I am having the same issues with not being able to login to the App on iOS v14.6, and upon being logged out I also lose room order, device order, and wallpapers.

Same.

Smartthings status page shows everything is good.

How do we let Samsung know there is a problem?

1 Like

Called support, they know about the issue, but for some reason the status page doesn’t mention it. They had me remove the app and reinstall, but no luck, and all my room settings are gone for sure.

1 Like

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Still same error:

Seems like they should rollback to 1.6.65 or 1.6.67. The Android new UI only has the initial update to 1.7.67 so I wonder why iOS is 1 ahead??? Especially when it took 2 weeks longer than Android to release.

SMH

1 Like

Historically, the status page has rarely shown problems with the app. Just with the cloud platform.

If you are in the US, the contact information is on the following page:

1 Like

Same - tried reinstalling on iOS. It worked for about 1 second and had my favorites. Then it crashed. Upon restarting it shows the “We’re having trouble connecting” message.

I’m able to reproduce the issue and reported it internally. Feels like an auth issue impacting iOS only.

6 Likes

the good thing it seems to be working in the back ground another words automations are still running you just can see the updated statuses and you can’t turn off lights or run sence through the app. because it’s NOT staying stable enough to excute a automation or sence or anything before it kicks you off the app

They released a follow up release for the iOS app one week after the initial release.

1 Like

It wasnt working in the background for me, was stuck in away mode with zero alerts for security.

Good news I was able to log back in and it seems to be working again

Yap noticed that. It’s been crashing since about 8 or 9 this morning. For me everything was working still. BUT I noticed i couldn’t control anything when I walked out in the backyard and I wanted to open the garage door and I couldn’t I had to go back in the house and hit the button. The open garage door sensor was working right and it turned off the A/C in the shop when the garage door went up and as I drove up all the doors unlocked and lights came on so I kinda figure it was running everything in the background still

Spoke to soon NO it’s NOT fixed still crashing on my end well at least I have managed to get all the lights turned off and doors locked about to go to bed.

1 Like

@Brad_ST. Can you also put in a word to have room and device order maintained if the app logs out. Please. It’s painful with close to 300 devices.

3 Likes

It is interesting the Smartthing status page has no mention of this.

Does Samsung do any end-to-end testing?

Really makes you question whether or not Samsung can be trusted with something as important as your device network.

1 Like

Just to report that things are working today. I have not been signed out and for the first time since the new iOS app was released, I can click on a device and get the device controls screen load with no issues. I opened many different devices with success. The only issue I still see… I sorted the devices in one of my rooms, then switched to another room but when I went back to the room, the devices had reverted back to their previous sorting.

My iPad is still logged in but I’ve been booted out on my iPhone and at present I can’t get signed back in.

Awesome.

1 Like

I was able to log on last night, but my IOS app crashes when I try to order rooms. It crashed twice, then I was able to proceed. Sometimes when I click a device to see details the gear turns then I am kicked back to the main screen. This IOS app is buggy.