iOS 2.2.0 - Release Notes

Another day since the new version of the app, another forced logout.

You guys going to get started on fixing this? I had to login 5 times yesterday.

Come on with this!!!

Widgets are the primary way I arm/disarm my SHM system. Imagine my surprise when I disarmed this morning and opened the door to get a siren. Took me minutes to unlock the phone and disarm. Sheesh

3 Likes

Well that was easy! Not as easy as doing this from the app, but whatever. I guess Samsung is assuming that a customer who can’t figure out how to use the IDE to create new modes maybe doesn’t need new modes. Perhaps not a bad assumption. Thanks @JDRoberts!

1 Like

@kleneau There is no rhyme or reason to when it’s logging me out. Happened twice last week, but not since that time. The app was running in the background, and when I would bring it up, it would log me out. I’ve only purposefully logged out from the mobile app twice, otherwise it’s always up and running.

I do have mobile presence. Today it was correctly showing me as being present/away. Hope my fortune continues!

I should mention that I have not updated to iOS10.

Also seeing logouts and the “Unexpected Error” message posted above. Today’s the first time I’ve tried changing my config in months and all it’s doing is reminding me why I stopped working with this system in the first place.

2 Likes

Yeah. That one.

So Glad I didn’t update
what a mess. Typical ST of course but still a hot mess.

The problem with the “Unexpected Error” is that I am beginning to expect it.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issues. Annoying.

Widget is what makes it easy for me and especially wife to use ST. Don’t want to have to open the app or login every time to execute a routine
that’s the whole reason for the widget. Please fix so that routines from the widget always run. If personal security is a concern, let the user make the choice between security & convenience (include an option for shorter/longer logout times). I didn’t leave the house today so no presence change and had my widgets not work a few times throughout the day.

1 Like

Same issue with widget executions here! Insanely frustrating! Like most other people, this is the primary way my family and I interact with the system. Without it we have to open the app and login AGAIN to run it. It went from being very convenient, to being extremely inconvenient.

PLZ FIX THE WIDGET!

2 Likes

also getting the lost widget/logged out fun. I was in and all was good yesterday after noon (US Eastern time). Went to put house in night mode at ~11pm and was missing widgets. Went to app, got the error others are reporting. Logged back in, turned widgets on, clicked done, went back to find widget and still no there. Went back into app and all the widgets were marked off again. Turned the ones on I needed on, hit done again and now they were back.

I think this was related to the change in authorization tokens when logging in. We are tracking a potential bug around logouts (which may cause the widget to stop working)
 but in theory, once the widget is reset, you should be good to go.

@Aaron - You are partially correct. I can setup the widgets again, but each time I get forced logged out they go away and need setup again.

@Aaron

My widgets have been reset and remain set up, but when I access them, the widgets come back with red feedback, telling me that they did not execute. Some times they work just fine (usually if I’ve been in the app recently), most times they come back red.

1 Like

Regardless of your theory, widgets do not work, plain and simple. Why is it that with every software update something always gets broken, seriously?

I am getting the log out issue as well. Seems pretty random. But what I do know is it is driving crazy.

Interestingly, I have gotten this message about every second time since I first got SmartThings in April. So nothing to do with the new App at all for me.

But other than that, the new App has worked just fine for me. Better than the old one in fact.

Hello All, There are 2 known big issues with the 2.2.0 version of the app, not to say there are others but we are planning a follow up release this month. The two issues do have fixes and are in QA right now.

1. Issue with users getting logged out when crossing their geofence and NOT having a network connection yet.
  2. Widget and Watch not working.
5 Likes