iOS 2.0 Discussion!

Deleting and reinstalling worked for me with 2.01

1 Like

I can’t even log in to the 2.0.1 app. Deleted/reinstalled. Reset my password. Confirmed I know what my password is by logging in to the IDE.

No joy.

This update just keeps getting better and better.

Has anyone located the iOS 2.0.1 release notes? I searched both the support site and the forums but found nothing. Seems odd they would push the new app to our phones without any release notes on either site. I see at least one bug fixed. Also see a new “add a set” feature, which does not do anything. It just “spins the wheel” and returns to the same screen display. Yes, I deleted the widget and did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the app.

Release notes: Crashes on launch.
All anyone needs to know. iPad and iPhone :frowning:
Trying a reinstall now, and I don’t use the widgets

Edit: reinstall worked on both the iPad and iPhone

This is fixed for me now with 2.0.1 (after the reinstall)

iOS 2.0.0 Release Notes
iOS 2.0.1 Release Notes

2 Likes

Worked for me. Still no contact list though. :frowning:
Noticed new “Add a Set” option on the Things tab menu, but it does not add anything. Wtf?

1 Like

Same here. No contact option… I see “Add a set” which does nothing as well!

1 Like

I was able to add a contact on an Android device, and now I can see “My Contact” menu option on iPhone as well. However, the contact phone number I entered on Android does not display correctly on iOS. So, if my phone number on the Android is displayed as +11234567890, on iPhone I see (345) 678-90.

I was able to get the contacts on iOS. Let me see what happens if I add a contact.

Edit: I just added my niece as a contact using “import contact from address book” and it showed up with right phone format (123) 345-6789. I was forced to choose the country “United States or Canada”.

Just to put this to bed… the Support team completely uninstalled the Smart Home Monitor module and re-added it from scratch to my Location. Works better after configuring it this time.

Some more feedback for the iOS app developers…

The app isn’t handling the iPad screen very well at present. As you can see in the screenshots below, it puts a rather ugly dark overlay across the top of the display, whether the app is running in x1 or x2 display mode.

What I didn’t capture, unfortuately, is the incorrect placement of the large rectangular blue button which appears at the end of these slideshows to close them. On the iPad they cover up large portions of the text on the final slide.

Ideally you’ll implement a tablet specific interface (within the same universal app) which takes advantage of the screen space (and landscape mode!), but I understand that may take a backseat to other priorities. For now, though, the existing screens need some attention to function correctly on the iPad.

1 Like

Does anyone else find themselves using the app less and less?

I almost exclusively use Alex’s SmartTiles Dashboard now. There really is nowhere in the ST App that you can open one page and see all the data-points (you want) in a glance–the “dashboard” page just gives a cumulative on/off & presence status listing–not customizable.

I know the ratings on the IOS app are even worse than before (1.5 vs. 2.5), which many will attribute to the glitches via launch. But I have to wonder what the usage stats say??? I bet they are down across the board (if you strip out the troubleshooting time).

1 Like

I just had to uninstall and reinstall the app AGAIN because it kept crashing after launch. This is the second time.

Add me to the list of people wondering what “Add a set” is. It does nothing.

ALSO – the integration of the “Smart Lighting” smartapp setup into the “Add a device” process is messed up. The “Smart Lighting” app supports many rulesets – with just one installation of the app, you can add as many rulesets as you like, which is great. However, if you setup lighting automation during the add-a-device workflow, you get multiple copies of the Smart Lighting smartapp. I did this during the first half-dozen or so switches I added, and when I flipped over to look at the SmartApps tab, I had 6 copies of Smart Lighting. :frowning:

I uninstalled all but one of them, then re-created my rules in the one remaining, and everything works fine. So now I just have to remember not to let any apps install during device setup.

2 Likes

Oh and the app (or new hub?) sucks as far as getting updated switch statuses. It’s showing “on” for switches that have been off for more than 12 hours.

I’m not having any of the issues everyone is talking about. @rogersmj show a pic of what your talking about. I’m not seeing that on my app.

This happened to me as well

It depends on where you look.

If you go into a room, choose a device, and look at the smart apps that are using that device, everything looks fine. You will see the smart lights solution app listed under the name you chose when you were setting it up. (I called this one “shelf lighting.”)

However, if you go to The things view and choose the smartapps tab from there, you may see the “smart lighting” smartapp installed several times, once for each device, and you won’t see the custom name you chose.

It can be very confusing.

There is no need to have multiple copies of Smart Lights installed. Each instance of Smart Lights can support multiple automations. So the best course is to use a single instance of Smart Lights, and put all of the automations in that one. In the master list of SmartApps, there would be just a single version of Smart Lights, which when you open up, you will see the full list of named (or default named) automations.

Understood.

The problem is occurring during migration, because when you go to add a new device, it walks you through setting up the lighting wizard by installing a new copy. So it walks you into the bad practice.

1 Like