Intrusion Detected reminders, can't dismiss event?

I’m a little unsure what everyone did here… I don’t see how you remove the security in the SHM/Security section. It just pulls up the alert and the 10 times I tried to dissmiss it. I went to the Marketplace as well, SmartApps, Safety & Security, then SHM and Security. I hit remove in there and I still have the issue.

After the last update, I was getting tons of those red error messages across the top of the screen and I wasn’t able to dismiss the alerts.
Reinstalling SmartThings Mobile didn’t fix the problem with dismissing alerts, but it did fix some of the other problems I was running into and it doesn’t crash nearly as often.

Removing the Security app like others have suggested fixed the problem for me, but I think it has to be removed a specific way:

1. Go to the Dashboard screen
  2. Press the menu button and choose Setup
  3. Press Security
  4. Press Next
  5. Press Next
  6. Scroll Down
  7. Press Remove
  8. Press Done

When the Dashboard refreshes, the Security section should no longer be there. If you go back into Setup you’ll be able to add the Security section back and things should start working again.

1 Like

Thanks. Had the same problem and deleting & reinstalling fixed it for me.

Thanks, fix worked for me. Too bad the ST support page doesn’t have FAQ for this.

1 Like

Thank you krlaframboise, I was having the same issue and that worked for me.

I found out that was happening on my second hub V2, and it has 2 security in Dashboard and one will clear the other won’t. It worked with steps posted by krlaframboise above. Thanks.

This worked to clear my duplicate smoke detector notification. Thank you!

If only smartthings would place a toggle in the smart home monitor to either receive alerts at intervals or just one time. For crying out loud that’s annoying.

Help, i’m having this same problem.
I’ve reset my sensors, reset my smartapps and security setting with no luck. Even uninstall and reinstall the app and my log info.
Keep having this message “are you sure you want to dismiss this incident?” No Yes
This was a false alarm.

And there’s no way to dismiss.

Have you tried the steps I listed in post #23?

no that didn’t work either, did that a few times.
remove security in smart home monitor and added it back a few times but the dash board does not change

Did you follow the instructions exactly as shown?

Those instructions are very specific because the remove button is shown on multiple pages and you need to be on a specific page in order for this to work.

Just did it again, no changes to the dash board. I’m 100% sure it’s correct since the security tab is not highlighted this time.

I’m assuming you’ve tried clicking the “yes” before and after following those steps…

There is no “yes” but “done” Theres also no red dismiss button as before and some others mentioned.
I’ve set smartthings and email , so well see what they can find out that’s wrong.
Thanks for looking into this.

This topic is about a problem where you get stuck in a never ending loop of dismiss prompts.

Your problem is something completely different which explains why the solution didn’t work for you.

This is just a random guess, but have you tried setting up the security section completely and then closing and re-opening the ST Mobile App? I’m thinking those buttons are gone because you’ve removed it.

I am facing the exact same problem with my smartthings andriod app since this morning. Above steps of removing the SHM security setup did not help either. Sent ST supports an email. Waiting for response.

Guys, here’s the response from SmartThings that solved my issue.
“Just open your Play Store and search Webview the first result will be “Android System Webview” tap on that and update. Once done restart your phone and all will be remedied.”

1 Like

Thanks a lot! This worked for me.

Two years later and I have the same issue. I get reminders for 2 days or more every hour. It happens on my amdroid and iPhone devices.

It happens every hour saying "intrusion detected by Garage Door 48 hours ago. Next hour it says 49 hours ago…and so on. Eventually it stops after 7 hours or 2 days.

Any solution?