IKEA tradfri outlet

You hit the nail on the head. The pin i was using wasn’t depressing the reset button. A paper clip has done it.

Cheers

Dan

Yes, just to add for others…you need to press the reset button quite hard…if you do this when the plug is in a socket, then the light should slowly flicker. Be very close to your hub, and it should find it quite quickly.

Thanks for the comment on the Trådfri bulbs. I just wanted to circle back and offer my findings. Received my XBee yesterday, and it does indeed look as though the Trådfri outlets are decent little repeaters. Not the best range, but in my small home they’re working just fine. Since they’re so inexpensive, you could do well by picking up several of them, and still not break the bank.

Anyway, I’ve been running them for a week and a half with no problems and no dropped Xiaomi devices. I did have an issue a few days after installing one, when I decided to pair a Trådfri bulb with my hub instead of my Hue bridge. That cause the Outlet to drop and that took many of my Zigbee devices down. Since removing the bulb, and installing a second Trådfri outlet, it’s been very stable.

Here are the results of it with my Hubitat hub.

Works great with the Canadian version! Thanks!!!

Hey David, I am in the same boat as you. Let me know if you figure out how to make this work!

I’ve just got my new hub, bought 2 of these sockets from Ikea. Tried to reset them but cannot get the app to find either of them. Any ideas?

So I’ve kind of sorted it. Add it as one of the known types of socket, hold down the reset when it says something like ‘press button B 3 times’. It then finds it as ‘Thing’ with a type of device ‘2015 Samsung Smart TV’

Then change the type to ZigBee Socket Power!

How did you set them up ?

From the App, go to Add Device Manually, choose Outlets.

Select one of the options such as Osram. It then comes up with a message about holding the button to reset. At this point I put a pin into the reset hole and held it for about 10 seconds. (not sure if this reset step is necessary as I didn’t try without).

It then find the device but lists it as ‘Thing’ and for some reason lists it with a device type of ‘2015 Samsung Smart TV’.

Log into the website, find the device and change the type to ‘ZigBee Socket Power’, rename it and give it a label.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find the device with my v1 hub. Has anyone had success with this combo? I’ve had no issues with other tradfri devices, but have had issues with other zigbee devices that want insecure rejoin.

I cannot get the latest 2 tradfri outlets to pair with a V2 hub either. I have 3 running smoothly for the last few weeks. Picked up a couple more and neither will pair! I have also been having some flaky zigbee devices as of the last day or so. Maybe its related. any suggestions?

The method that has worked for the other three is to press reset button for 10 seconds, wait 10 seconds to search for a thing. Then go to IDE and change to a zigbee switch

1 Like

Also picked up a single Tradfri outlet today and could not get it to pair. Tried all sorts of permutations with holding in the factory reset pin, cycling power, etc. with no luck.

do you think the newer outlets have an updated firmware ? preventing us from pairing?

Or it could be due to the latest smartthings firmware?

Doesn’t work recently. Quite annoying. Seems no one who recently got one in the past week or so can connect new ones.

Had some troubles too, but it turned out to be me not hitting the small switch in the hole correctly… You should hear a click when it goes into pairing mode…?
And be sure to have ST in “searching for new devices” mode while you do it…

I am definately pressing the switch and watching the led respond to the reset. But I think the consensus is to NOT press the button while in pairing mode but to wait a few seconds after the resey before you put the hub into pairing mode

I have 3 of these working off the hub. the hub detected them in pairing mode as just an unknown devic
e… had to go to the IDE and tell the hub it was a zigbee on/off switch… I bought them just before xmas. I didn’t check what firmware was on them

I have 3 working as well from a few weeks ago, but the 2 latest purchased two days ago will not show up at all in pairing mode.

The firmware on the 3 working outlets is Version: 0x14020610

I just checked mine is 0x14020610 as well! I’ll be hading over to ikea tomorrow i’ll pick up another and see,

1 Like

ok so I just got them both to pair! All I did differently was to follow AnubizDK’s advice and put the hub into pairing mode first then pressed the reset button for 10 seconds, then it took about another 10-20 seconds and they showed up.

Maybe samsung is doing something in the background we dont know about?

1 Like