IKEA tradfri outlet

(David McNally) #21

I actually already have Aqara buttons running but they only have one button, the Ikea button has two. I think it needs it’s own device handler, sadly.

(Ben Erkens ) #22

When you add the Xiaomi Aqara switch, you can define to switch on/off with the single button.

(Kenneth Eriksen) #23

I think what @dmcn means is, that with a DH for this device you would have a nice looking 2-button wireless button… :wink:

(Ben Erkens ) #24

That would be the best way.

Didn’t thought about that, how stupid. :eyes:

(Ionut Savu) #25

I’ve spent three hours trying to pair the new Tradfri outlet to Smartthings and use the remote to control it at the same time but to no avail.
I can pair the outlet to ST and control it, I can pair the outlet to the small two button remote it came with but I can’t do both at the same time.
Has anyone managed to do this?

(Aesgarth) #26

Probably, as with the bulbs, you’ll have to pair both the switch and the outlet with smartthings and then pair the switch with the outlet.

(Aidan Bree) #27

Do these measure power consumption?

(Kenneth Eriksen) #28

Nope… :frowning_face:

(Douglas Krug) #29

Do any of you that have purchased this outlet also have Xiaomi Aquara devices? Xiaomi’s non-standard Zigbee doesn’t work well with many repeaters, but reportedly and very unexpectedly, works well the Trådfri bulbs, so I’m very curious if these will be inexpensive and reliable repeaters for Xiaomi devices?.

Not available in North America yet. A bonus would be if any of you have XCTU and could map your network to confirm for sure if it’s a viable router for Xiaomi or not.

(Aesgarth) #30

I’ve had a few tries at pairing mine with a remote as well as smartthings and had no luck, still need to try with one of the remotes that come with the outlet once they become available in my area.

Re the xiaomi devices, I couldn’t answer that but I’ve had no issues with my xiaomi devices since I started using IKEA bulbs so that does seem to be true.

(Kenneth Eriksen) #31

What @Aesgarth said… :slight_smile:

(Rowan Godfrey) #32

Bought 6 today, just paired the first one. Crazy easy, relocated easily, working well. Good price if a bit chunky so may be awkward in some places. Mind I don’t have a huge number of devices in the house, but they are all Zigbee.

(Tom Bamber) #33

What Device Type did you use in Smartthings IDE for Tradfri Outlet?

(Kenneth Eriksen) #34

I use “ZigBee Switch” :slight_smile:

(Rowan Godfrey) #35

I used Zigbee Switch, working fine.