IKEA Trådfri LED Driver 30W will not connect to Smartthings

I have severeal Trådfri lights connected to my Smartthings hub, but the Trådfri 30W LED driver is not discovered when searching for new thing. If I go to the hub’s event list however, it seems to discover it, but just ignores it. Any tips on how to solve this?

From hub event list:
zbjoin: {“dni”:“0C11”,“d”:“086BD7FFFE6175A0”,“capabilities”:“00”,“endpoints”:,“parent”:“0000”,“joinType”:17,“joinDurationMs”:0,“joinAttempts”:1}

I’ve tried holding them close, reset several times, update firmware, even replaced the LED Driver with a new one, but still nothing.

I talked to Samsung Customer Service, but that was a waste of time. Their conclusion was that I had to reset the hub, which I refuse to do as I have spent months to connect all the things. I asked them to change the zigbee channel on the hub as recommended on this forum, but since both products were bought in the same region (EU) they said it was not an issue. Does that make sense?
My hub is on channel 24.

Your Zigbee channel 24 is good. Just use your wifi with channel 6 or below to avoid interference.

Try to move your LED driver to another location. Use the Classic App, start pairing, and then reset the LED driver to start the pairing process with it.
Or try the new app, add device, IKEA, Lighting, driver for… (you will see which one). Then follow the on screen commands.

Some IKEA bulbs are not pairing easily. You might need to move it to other locations first. And it might take multiple tries too.

1 Like

Bu the way what version of the Hub are you using? And can you just check what is the Zigbee radio version of it in the IDE?

Any custom device handlers installed in IDE? You can try opening them in IDE and Publish for Me again . Then reset the ikea device and attempt to add it.

• Hub: v3 EU, firmware ver. 000.027.00009.
  • Zigbee version: 3.0.14.
  • Installed device handlers: edvaldeysteinsson IKEA-Tradfri and bspranger for xiaomi things.

I’ll try your suggestions later today. Fingers crossed!

On a side note:
Interference seems to be an issue while trying to add new things.
But I wonder; if interference is the problem, would that mean it wouldn’t find the thing at all, or it would find it but not be able to add it (like in my case, where the event list shows something is discovered but not added).

You can look at these topics.

People had already similar problems as you. Support’s suggestion to reset the Hub is to have it change the Zigbee channel from 24 to something else. It assigns zigbee channel when it is initialized.

By reset here, they mean factory reset which isn’t feasible for most people. It sounds like a developer can somehow force the channel to change without the factory reset, but I haven’t heard back from anyone about getting someone to do that.

Finally did it!
I’ve tried all the tricks mentioned in threads and forums that I’ve come over and probably 50 join attempts over several months. This is what did it for me:

• Turn off all zigbee things nearby.
  • Turn hub off and on again (restart) (not sure if this is necessary)
  • Reset the Trådfri driver by pushing the pin in the driver reset for 10 secs (lights shall blink)
  • Wait 20 seconds then turn off the Trådfri driver
  • Wait 10 seconds then turn on the Trådfri driver
  • Search for Trådfri driver using the new ST app (add thing - Ikea - Lighting - Trådfri driver for wireless control).

It seems that interference from other things is more important than I thought. The hub discovered something with interference, but did not recognize it. I hope this may be the key to add any thing in the future.

Some other info that may be useful.

Wifi channel 1. Zigbee channel 24.

The event list now shows a zbjoin event where it was recognized as an Ikea Trådfri Driver.

The next event is probably just for information:

IKEA TRÅDFRI Driver for wireless control 30W added

2 Likes

neither this nor all other solutions didnt have results .
no hope anymore
i believe it’s pure luck … or you reset the hub…to change channel