Ikea Tradfri Bulbs Stopped Responding

My ikea tradfri bulbs (TRADFRI bulb GU10 WS 400lm) have stopped responding to any command (on/off, dimming, color temp, etc.). Is there a new issue with Ikea bulbs I am unaware of?

Driver is set to Mariano’s Zigbee Light Multifunctional.

My Tradfri GU10 WS bulbs still work with the same driver as you are using (SmartThings V2 hub).
Have you done the usual workarounds of physically switching them off and on again?
(Just one cycle, not initialise them).

Are you in the beta program? There’s a new hub update with several changes to Zigbee management, so that might be a factor.

V2/V3 Firmware Beta 53.X

Which model hub do you have? separately, there was a firmware update to the Wi-Fi mesh hubs over the last couple of days. :thinking:

Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.52.21

1 Like

Yes. Tried the normal things, like restarting the hub the bulbs and finally removing some bulbs and reinstall onto ST. Those reinstalled bulbs are saying that the device hasnt updated all of its status information yet and its been a few hours now from the re-install.

Seems i am not on that beta version, and i dont have a router from samsung. Everything else seems to work.

1 Like

Just tried switching to the “zigbee switch” driver from the “zigbee light multi.” on one bulb and that made the bulb work.

Dont really want to change all the bulbs from the zlm driver as i use the dimmer function of that driver in many automations. Would much rather try to figure out the problem. Its also more satisfying to find the problem rather than just brute force a solution.

This driver has not changed or been updated since April 11.

Your hub is on firmware 52.21, if it is a smartConnect WiFi it may have broken when updating the firmware that started today, May 20.

If your hub is a V2 or v3 and has not yet been updated to any beta version, it will start on May 22

@MagnusBergs,

To further assist you with the issue you’re experiencing with your Ikea Tradfri bulbs, we need you to provide the following information:

1. Confirm Your Hub Version

Could you please confirm which hub version you are using (V2, V3, SmartThings WiFi, or Other)?

2. Capture the Driver Logs

Please capture the logs of the driver while replicating the commands that are failing (e.g., on/off, dimming, color temp changes). To do this, follow these steps:

• Open the ST CLI.
  • Enter the command:
    smartthings edge:drivers:logcat

• Enter the information requested by the CLI.
  • Ensure that your hub and the computer are on the same network.
  • Once you see the message “connected,” perform the actions that are causing the issue with your bulbs.

3. Provide the Hub Logs

After replicating the issue, follow these steps to provide the hub logs:

1. Go to my.smartthings and log in.
  2. Select “Your Hubs.”
  3. Choose the hub that is experiencing the issue.
  4. Click on “Dump Hub Logs.”
  5. Specify the reason for requesting the hub logs if needed.
  6. Click on “Dump Hub Logs.”
  7. Confirm that the request has been submitted.

Note: If you have more than one hub, ensure you select the correct one involved in the issue.

By following these steps, you will generate the necessary logs for us to diagnose the problem with your bulbs.

Will do. Thank you.

Have sent you a dm.

1 Like

Did you recently do a firmware update on the bulbs? I’m actually using Home Assistant but have desperately been trying to figure out what’s going on with my IKEA TRÅDFRI E12 WS 450lm bulbs; they all received a firmware update the other day, and now go offline somewhere between a few minutes and hours after resetting and re-pairing them.

I’m wondering if IKEA pushed out a bad firmware update to these bulbs that is causing the issues, rather than an issue with Home Assistant or the Smart Things driver; confirming if your bulbs were recently updated could help identify the root cause.