Hue motion sensor goes offline with device handler

Hi
I have added both [bogdanalexe90 : Hue Motion Sensor] and [digitalgecko : Hue Motion Sensor] device handlers. I am not sure, which is used - is there some way to check that?

Either way - my problem is that my Hue sensors go offline every now and then. I then have to take out the batteries, put them back in an rediscover the sensors in ST to make them work again.
I have other Hue sensors that are not in ST (only in Philips Hue) and they never go offline, so I guess, the problem is ST/DH related.

Does anyone else experience this and what DH do you use?

Thanks in advance.

/Michael

There is a edge driver made by @iquix you could try with Hue motion sensor. My Hue Dimmer Switch works fine with edge driver.

As far as I can see, the handler is only for the dimmer switch.

Let me check, because there was a driver for the motion sensor too. And we are talkung about this new driver, not old type handlers?

I can’t find anything other than this: Smartthings/devicetypes/iquix at master · iquix/Smartthings · GitHub.

I’ll try to find a link for you. There is a code for this new driver in Github, but there is a link to @iquix channel where you can easily install the driver.

Here is the link for the Edge driver. Based on comments on the thread it seems to work just fine. :blush:

Thanks - I’ll try it out :slight_smile: .

Unpair the Hue motion sensor. Install the driver and scan near. Motion sensor should be found in matter of seconds. :blush:

I’ve uninstalled the old DTH’s, removed the device, installed the new driver and added the device.
I’ve also edited my pistons to reflect the changes. Now I am exited to see, if it helps :slight_smile: :slight_smile:.

Thanks again.

Hopefully it works like you want it to. :blush:

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work any better :thinking:.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that. You found the device and it uses Edge driver?

Yup - it worked, but not consistently. Sometimes it just stopped ‘seeing’ motion - even though the sensor was still online.
With the old DTH I at least get a notification, that the sensor is offline.

Ok. Hopefully integration and connection gets better at some point. I’m using cheap Lidl motion sensors with Edge driver and they’ve been working great.

Any news on that? Otherwise i will send my Hue Motion Sensors back and try something else.

I went back to the old device handler and strangely, I haven’t had any issues since.

Unfortunately the Philips Hue (outdoor) motion sensor goes offline with the Edge driver after some minutes. Tried everything for days… Same problem with the “old” device handler driver. I recommend to use another product e.g. the original Samsung/Aeotec motion sensor, although there is no other outdoor motion sensor available at the moment.

1 Like

Exactly the same issue here. Connects using Edge driver, then just goes offline an hour or so later and needs to be re-paired. Very frustrating. Has anyone found a fix for this other than binning the Hue sensors?

Which Edge driver? I’ve had two Hue Outdoor Motion sensors connected with this driver and they have been rock solid.