Hue Outdoor Motion & SmartThings Hub

Guys,

Anyone know if the new outdoor motion sensor from Hue will integrate with SmartThings? I want it to be able to turn on smartthings/tplink smart switches as well as any hue lighting.

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

I tried it and whilst smarthings will find it, without a device handler it only recognises it as a ‘thing’ and not a motion sensor.
Also once added to smartthings it’ll no longer connect to hue.
Once someone gets round to making a device handler it’ll work, but until then
it won’t.

Thanks for the info

I was able to get this to work by using the device handler from here: https://github.com/digitalgecko/mySmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/digitalgecko/hue-motion-sensor.src/hue-motion-sensor.groovy

Will test it out and report back. However, I looked at the execution location and it is Cloud - no doubt because of the DTH. Any way to have local processing for this?

Unfortunately, no.:disappointed_relieved:

All custom code runs in the cloud. In fact, most code runs in the cloud except the official SmartLights feature, and even then only if you are using one of the stock DTHs which is eligible to run locally.

Does this DH allow the outdoor sensor to be visible to both Hue and Smartthings?

The DTH in this thread does not, Because it is based on connecting the sensor directly to the ST hub and not using the Hue bridge. You would need to try the code from the “accessories” thread, and I don’t know if that works with the outdoor sensor or not. (It was written for the indoor sensor.)

[OBSOLETE] Hue Accessories and rooms using Hue Bridge (TAP, Motion Sensor, Dimmer Switch) [DEPRECATED]