Hue lights not updating

So I’ve seen this is an issue that has been reported for years but nothing were posted about it recently.

I integrate my hue bridge into the ST hub, everything went fine (except it did not find the rooms/zones and I had to move the bulbs by myself). Now I added bulbs, moved some, and changed names, nothing is reflected in the app.

Support has been totally ineffective, both in response time and in pertinence. Is this still an known issue or I am doing something wrong ?

Do you use the classic or new app?

The name change is a known issue as they will not automatically update between the hue app and ST app. You will need to manually change the name in ST for those bulbs that you changed in the hue app.

I use the new app which was last updated 23 Feb 2020, my hub is gen 3

So ok for the name change but I still does not see my new bulbs into the app

I would assume if you go through the hue integration in the new app, it should discover the new bulbs.

You mean redoing the process while the Hue hub is still integrated in the app ?
If yes then I already did this and nothing changed.

If you mean, remove your hue bridge from the ST app, then redo the integration process again then yes, obviously I will get updated bulbs, but it will remove the existing bulbs and there’s no way I start reconfigure their location + automation every-time and need to change something on my bridge.

Yes, that is the one I was referring to. I would definitely never recommend that anyone remove devices/integrations. :slight_smile:

Sorry I was unable to assist.

I will retry it tonight, just to make sure.

There is hue integration issues since at least 5 years and support cannot help, so to be honest I will probably send back the hub and move toward an Habitat Elevation

Usually they show up when you Scan för new devices.

1 Like

Hey there! @Zangdaarr sorry for the delayed response at this time,

When changing the name of a Phillips Hue device in the native “Cloud” application such as the Phillips Hue Application, you would also need to change the names of the devices in the new ST application as it does not auto-populate the changes you’ve made and they would have to be done manually.

I will tag your post as feedback for the developers to review the feature request for the ST app.

I hope this message finds you well!

Hi,

What about the added lights not showing up ?

Le lun. 9 mars 2020 à 13:45, SamsungZell via SmartThings Community smartthings@discoursemail.com a écrit :

1 Like

Thank you for following up with me.

I would recommend giving this support article a try for further troubleshooting steps.

Here is the article: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/202534354-Troubleshooting-Hue-bulbs-can-t-be-controlled-by-SmartThings

Additionally, you can reach out to the support team to have them take a look at your system setup.

Actually, the bulbs can be controlled, they are just not updated when I add one.

Also have a ticket with the support, they answered once and went dead since.

Le lun. 9 mars 2020 à 17:04, SamsungZell via SmartThings Community smartthings@discoursemail.com a écrit :

I have the same problem and still looking for an answer

1 Like

can you describe the problem you are seeing? you posted in tWo separate threads for two separate situations…

are you unable to add additional hue devices?
or are you unable to see the status of the bulb change in tHe ST app?

I have a hue hub connected to the smartthings app.

The device status off the hue lights doesn’t update.

Example.

When I turn off the lights with the hue app. Smarrthings says the lights are still on. They don’t update.
Unless I tap a light, swipe down to refresh. Then and o lu then the status gets updated

This is a big problem because when I leave the house a tap a hue switch to turn everything off.
But when I return smarrthings should turn some lights back on. But smarrthings thinks they are still on because the status doesn’t update automatically

I have the same problem. I have added lights to my Hue bridge and the newly added lights are not showing in ST.

Also, I had some automations with a couple of bulbs; the location and name of those have now changed and, because they are not recognized with their new name and location, I cannot run any automation with them.

This is very frustrating and I can see how both “cs” would play ping pong with anyone who calls for help.

The only solution I could think of is to disconnect the bridge from ST and reconnect again, to see if that fixes the problem.

I will update this post when I do so to let you all know if that worked.