An updated firmware for the SmartThings Hub (2018) [aka V3] is being released on Thursday 12/27 between 10AM-1PM Eastern. Updated hubs will experience a couple of minutes of downtime as they apply the update and reboot.
This is a minor/bugfix release. See the release notes below for additional information.
SmartThings Hub (2018) [aka V3]
Thursday 12/27. Staged release starting 10AM Eastern. Expected to be done by 1PM Eastern.
- Bug fixes for Wi-Fi connectivity issues including issues resulting in onboarding showing stuck at 99% upon claim or failure to connect to Wi-Fi after a reboot.
- Wi-Fi reconfiguration support: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002084806
- Device firmware updates for SmartThings Outlet and sensors (2018)
- To receive the firmware update the hub must be online. Users whose hubs are not currently connected due to Wi-Fi issues should plug their hub into ethernet until the hub receives the update and then retest on Wi-Fi.
- If ethernet is unavailable and the hub does not have a connection to the cloud (blinking or solid blue) then performing a factory reset may be required: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109710/.