Hub Firmware Release Notes - 29.8

We’re excited to announce the release of Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.29.8. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)

Release Date: 03 March 2020 ~ 05 March 2020
Note that this release will be spread over a few days, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period. We will post on this thread once all users should have received the update.

Release Notes:

Features

• Reduce DHCP retry interval to improve the likelihood of initial IP assignment
  • Firmware update for the Aurora Battery Powered Wireless Switch
  • Stability and performance improvements
  • Expose select mesh diagnostic info in IDE

Fixes

• Fixed issue with updating WiFi credentials via SoftAP on Hub V3
  • Fixed an issue that prompted the mobile app to display a security related warning after adding a Z-Wave S2 device
  • Security patches to kernel and other software packages
  • Various minor fixes
7 Likes

Interesting… zigbee or zwave?

5 Likes

Both :slight_smile:

Zigbee example:
meshInfo: {“route”: [{“type”: “DEVICE”, “deviceId”: “5A29”}], “metrics”: {“totalTransmittedMessages”: 376, “transmitFailures”: 0, “duplicateMessages”: 0, “lastLQI”: 116, “lastRSSI”: -71, “lastResetTime”: “2020-03-01T18:46:49.000Z”}, “updatedTime”: “2020-03-03T05:47:56.000Z”}

Zwave example:
meshInfo: {“route”: [{“type”: “DEVICE”, “deviceId”: “08”}], “metrics”: {}, “updatedTime”: “2020-03-02T18:24:37.000Z”}

3 Likes

That must be new. I spot checked some zwave devices last week and didn’t see it. But I see it now! Cool!

2 Likes

Probably a really stupid question, but do any of these hub updates make it to the ADT ST hub?

2 Likes

Probably not as I believe ADT owns the final firmware in those hubs.

1 Like

Finally!!! Hopefully this diagnostic information will grow to be enough for users to fully troubleshoot connectivity issues in their zwave/zigbee mesh networks.

1 Like

Where in the app can I view the firmware version?

1 Like

New app: devices > click on hub > click on 3x dots in top right corner > click on ”information”

@SmartThings – Would it be possible to get an official answer about the status of FW updates for the ADT hub? It sure would be nice to get all those general improvements instead of being stuck back at version 20.x…

2 Likes

@ahndee, @mustbdoug - If you search around the community forum regarding ADT, you can see that it depends on ADT when they will release a firmware update, and as far as I could see from comments and communication between ADT and ADT panel users, it is most likely an EOL product.

FYI

1 Like

I heard the rumors but — considering that the ADT Hub was first available at the end of October 2017, well after the v2 hub which still receives updates — all the ADT users would probably appreciate an official statement from @SmartThings if that product is indeed dead.

2 Likes

Here is a post on this issue. Not sure how legit it is…

1 Like

Paul_DeFeo attached my last response above but after talking with Smartthings support the last time about this what I got is they do not control the firmware on the ADT hubs. The entire thing is supported update wise on the ADT end. Basically smartthings sends them the updated firmware and ADT should be pushing the update but you see the boat that we are in. There hasn’t been an update for over a year. Currently I have been experimenting with moving as much as I can to the connect home wifi hubs that I enabled. (2 active smartthings hubs at the same location, I have the ADT hub and the Connect Home. This is not recommend by Samsung). So far haven’t really seen any issues. Also have been heavily working on home assistant since extremely customizable and now has an integrated smartthings connection. I could see myself moving to it and just porting the alarm status and sensors over until it stops working.

2 Likes

I purchased the ADT hub direct from Samsung so it better not be EOL. Them putting the blame on ADT is a bunch of bs

2 Likes

@David_Van, it is an ADT product at the end. It is like blaming Google, that Samsung hasn’t updated your Galaxy S7 with Android 10. Or blaming Amazon for selling you a Nvidia Shield and Nvidia Connect dongle.
The Nvidia Connect is the same story, the Hub firmware is built into the firmware of the Nvidia Shield. Nvidia hasn’t released an update with a newer Hub firmware.

Edit: These rants about the ADT products come up with every firmware update release. The release notes are clearly list that this is a firmware update for v2 and v3 Hubs. I don’t understand why people are only posting these questions here, why not on the ADT community forum. Oh, because ADT hasn’t got any community forum… So here is a link for all of you , ADT users to reach out to ADT and ask about when your ADT panel will have a SmartThings firmware update:

https://www.adt.com/help

Here to note, ADT is not listing anymore the panel for sale, but you can ask for a quote and can confirm is it EOL or not.

https://www.adt.com/smartthings

Good luck!

5 Likes

These topics have the most interaction with smartthings employees so that is likely why folks rant about their concerns.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil… So the more we talk about the ADT hub here the better! Thanks :blush:

1 Like

The firmware rollout is now complete.

6 Likes

Almost…