Hub Update Monday August 15

Back up now.

My system still shows “Offline” can’t control anything from android phone. I’ve rebooted the system, front light shows green. Not sure what else to do…

I had to restart something. What something, I’m not sure, but it totally could have had to do with the Honeywell problems that happened today. That means ST escapes this problem, I can’t be sure it wasn’t them. Truly, all in all, haven’t had to reset any routines or anything that doesn’t have to do with my thermostats today, so seems so far that the hub update was a quiet one. (all hell breaks loose now)

1 Like

The Honeywell issue wasn’t a ST issue, a friend of mine on Wink also had the outage today. :wink:

1 Like

Spent 20-30 minutes on the phone with Samsung, a representative had to do a few things to get my unit back online, said it was due to the update, she thought all the problems had been resolved prior to my call.

I also have an ongoing issue with my Honeywell Thermostat disconnecting daily. Have not explored that yet, but it happened after Honeywell did a firmware update.

no, restart, after killing the app is still the same.

This update also included an undocumented fix to something I reported in June:

I am very happy to report that my GE outlets aren’t getting constant 15 minute updates from the switch that controls them.

1 Like

Ha, I mentioned the same thing on the other thread…

1 Like

I wich I could say the same…just tested and the zwave switch is still triggering bogus “on” events

I noticed that there are 2 zwave switch handlers, so I am off to test the second now…

NOPE: second handler is crap too!!!

My hub is offline, too. Did you start off by calling them, or did you try email support first?

My hub is offline after the compulsory update too! Initially after rebooting, it will turn green, then once any motion sensor gets triggered or smart outlet gets switched on, the hub’s status will turn blue and my hub will be offline, this is frustrating… everything was working fine before the update…

Date Source Type Name Value User Displayed Text
2016-08-16 9:01:26.532 PM MYT
moments ago HUB hub has disconnected hub has disconnected hub has disconnected
2016-08-16 8:58:30.967 PM MYT
moments ago HUB devicetype:04, mac:001788XXXXXX, networkAddress:C0A8XXXX, deviceAddress:0050, stringCount:04, ssdpPa devicetype:04, mac:0017XXXXXX… devicetype:04, mac:001788XXXXXX, networkAddress:C0A8XXXX, deviceAddress:0050, stringCount:04, ssdpPath:/description.xml, ssdpU…
2016-08-16 8:58:04.464 PM MYT
moments ago HUB ping ping ping
2016-08-16 8:57:01.718 PM MYT
moments ago HUB ping ping ping
2016-08-16 8:56:19.839 PM MYT
5 minutes ago HUB hubInfo hardwareID:000E, version:9, m… hardwareID:000E, version:9, mac:D0:52, localip:192.168.X.XXX, localSrvPortTCP:39500, localSrvPortUDP:0, zigbeeFWMaj…
2016-08-16 8:56:19.833 PM MYT
5 minutes ago HUB ENTITY_UPDATE HubUpdated
2016-08-16 8:56:16.126 PM MYT
5 minutes ago HUB hubInfo hardwareID:000E, version:9, m… hardwareID:000E, version:9, mac:D0:52:A8, localip:192.168.X.XXX, localSrvPortTCP:39500, localSrvPortUDP:0, zigbeeFWMaj…
2016-08-16 8:56:16.122 PM MYT
2016-08-16 8:56:15.490 PM MYT
5 minutes ago HUB hubInfo hardwareID:000E, version:9, m… hardwareID:000E, version:9, mac:D0:52:A8, localip:192.168.X.XXX, localSrvPortTCP:39500, localSrvPortUDP:0, zigbeeFWMaj…
2016-08-16 8:56:15.485 PM MYT
2016-08-16 8:56:12.724 PM MYT
5 minutes ago HUB ping ping ping
2016-08-16 8:56:12.530 PM MYT
5 minutes ago HUB register register register
2016-08-16 8:56:12.520 PM MYT
2016-08-16 8:56:12.475 PM MYT
5 minutes ago HUB activity active

We may be talking about two different issues. Below is a screenshot of my event log for one of the devices impacted by the 15 minute consequtive updates. YOu will see they continue up until 12:54 PM ET which is when my hub was updated. The source of these events is “App_Command” as I have Smart Lighting set to toggle this GE outlet when a GE switch is toggled. When the switch is off I was getting Off commands sent every 15 minutes and On commands when the switch was on. This has now stopped on all of the outlets I have that are controlled by Smart Lighting.

Yes, we do talk about different devices. I tagged along to your comment about undocumented changes. There is a similarity, though. The fact that Smart Lightning would take action. It seems like they have fixed the outlet but not the switch handler.

What is the master device in your application. Is it another outlet?

The master device is a GE toggle switch. Smart Lighting “listens” for events from it and will then toggle several GE outlets in my master bedroom. I have the same setup in another bedroom and another similar setup for my hot water heater circulation pump. I had to remove the Smart Lighting app on circulation pump because of this issue since there are times when I want to be able to turn on the circulation pump switch without my shower light on. This issue was causing the pump outlet to turn off within a 15 minute period. Now that this issue has gone away, I recreated the Smart Lighting app since I prefer that to run locally on my v2 hub.

So we do have the same issue after all :slight_smile: The problem is, that zwave switch handler sends on/off physical events on polling, which cascades to Smart Lighting. My instances are still misfiring after changing the handler back to zwave switch. The fact that yours stoped, is encouraging. They either fixed Smart Lighting to ignore the bogus on/off events coming from your toggle OR they fixed the handler and didn’t update the Github template. Could you do me a favor and look at your toggle event log (click on “from device” activity) and see if your device sends on/off commands like in picture below?

1 Like

Ah interesting yes I do see the same and they are every 15 minutes. Now that got me curious and I clicked “from device” on my outlets too and I do see the 15 minute polling there too. But since yesterday these are no longer cascading down to the “slave” outlets through Smart Lighting which is a good thing. Smart Lighting only must be listening for events that are “displayed” since the polling events don’t show up there like they used to.

That’s because you are using the same Z-Wave Switch handler. Now, why your Smart Lighting stopped acting on these events and mine didn’t is a mystery to me. Off to figure that one out :slight_smile:

@dlaii confirmed in another thread that the issue is resolved too:

Very odd your is still acting up. I would try recreating a Smart Lighting app. I recreated the one this morning for my circulation pump and all is good there. I have found though you need to delete the SL apps wait for several minutes and then recreate as this will let all the server caching clear. I had to do this back when we had all the scheduling issues.

1 Like

Ok, so yeah. Looks like running update on the SL fixed it. So they ‘fixed’ Smart Lighting, but not the root cause.

Tried killing the app.
Also powered down and up phone.
Still shows null.

1 Like