Just wanted to give a update that finally the replacement hub showed up this week from Samsung. I scheduled the transfer for this Saturday and the tech Luis called right on time. In order to make the transfer work he had to do many things.
- First he needed the welcome number from the old hub and the welcome number from the new hub.
- He then had me power on the new hub and when he saw it was able to transfer my configurations
- The hub then did a series of updates, firmware, data, and a couple of reboots.
- After he verified that everything was transferred we started the device re-association. Since no zwave or ZigBee networks were built on the new hub Z-Wave and Zibgee devices needed to be added via the SmartThings app while Luis was doing the re-mapping on the back end.
- For Z-Wave I had to use the general device exclusion for each device, then re-add using a different device name. Luis then took the new network ID and set the original device in SmarThings to have this new ID. The most difficult thing was the exclusion of unrequested devices on SmartThings needed me to move the hub closer to some devices with a long cable.
- Zibgee was easier since resetting a Sengled bulb and re-joining it maintains it’s network device identify and it rejoins as the original device. I was able to complete this part without the assistance of Luis.
It took over 2 hours on the phone to complete and I am just happy that everything came over with no issues, If I had to rebuild all my devices from scratch, then re-integrate with smartapps I would have been another 40 to 50 hours to complete, WebCore, ActionTiles, etc. all rely on a generated unique device id that if deleted breaks connections to the SmartApps, etc.
I am glad this beta process from SmartThings worked. Thanks again to Luis and his help.