Hub Offline Online Offline (August 10, 2020)

Here is my update. This time yesterday the new app showed offline but classic app was still working. Then in the evening yesterday both apps showed offline. As of this morning, The classic app shows online but many devices show unavailable. The new app still shows offline.

1 Like

There must be something common here between us all. The same symptoms it seems.

• New app stopped working with hub offline yesterday morning, I raised a support ticket to be told all fine. I could see in the logs the hubs was online but not in the app.

• The ST Classic app though would work. No voice integrations (Alexa or Google) would work.

• Then the Classic app stopped working last night but seems to work again this morning (still no Alexa or Google Assistant functionality)

• Within the new app I can actually go to devices that show offline and turn the lights/switches etc on or off or adjust dimmers. No status updates happen within the app as to them or the hub being online.

I am wondering if we are all on the same instance of the IDE? I am on: https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com

May be the above helps find the root cause of our issue @Brad_ST?

1 Like

I am on the same instance as you. So you may be onto something here! I hope this write up helps!

1 Like

All of your issues are the same as mine. I’m not sure how to check what instance of the IDE I’m on. When I log in, the url says the same as yours. Hope that helps.

1 Like

I am having the same issues as everyone else here. Over 24 hours now with my hub offline and devices showing offline but I can still control them. This is with the new app. My IDE is also US East 2 like others. Google Home integration doesn’t work.

Edit: My IDE URL is: graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com

1 Like

You need to be more specific… NA04 or other SHARD?

1 Like

I created another support ticket for this with the link to this discussion with the hope that someone from ST will take a look and be able to resolve our issues.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Still offline.
my IDE is https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/

1 Like

na04 US East 2

1 Like

Thanks. Let us know if they reply! I see ST Status still says everything is fully operational.

Things look normal on our end, but I still flagged this for the escalations team and they’re digging into a few examples to see if there’s something more happening. In the meantime, try power cycling your hub as that will re-fire any device health events and should fix the problem.

1 Like

Still not working. Restarted hub, removed battery, restarted router, cleared cache on the app, reinstalled app and hub still offline. Its online in the classic app.

Did another reboot via IDE. Everything still shows as offline.

Same as all these folks. Pulled the plug and still “offline” in the new app.

Which hub do you have? If v2, do you remove the batteries?

Thanks all - they’re digging into it now to see what’s going on. The feedback is helpful.

1 Like

I have the hub v3. I’ve unplugged it and rebooted it multiple times. No change. “Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

UK Hub on EU-West servers showing offline approximately 5 minutes ago - anyone else?

5 minutes later - it’s back again…

15 minutes later it’s down again…

1 Like

Hopefully it’s not a “Brick” now

1 Like

I have two hubs in two different locations. One is the ADT Hub and the other is a V3. Both are in the same state using the new app on iOs and Alexa and Google Assistant can not access either location. In the ST Classic app they show online. In the IDE they show on line and logs update. In the new app they show offline. Rebooting, reinstalling the app has had no impact on resolving it. UPDATE: They show OFFLINE in IDE

1 Like