Hub itself is not listed as a device in new app

Everything is otherwise working fine in my system. I have two V2 hubs at two locations on my account. I started as a Samsung account, I did not have an older SmartThings account. Both of my hubs were activated using the Classic app, before the new app was out.

I learned in other posts that some people see the actual hub itself listed as a device in the device list of the new app. It does not show there for me.

Should I be trying to get it to show up? I have not tried to now add it, I think that would mess up a system that is otherwise working well.

For the people that see the hub listed as a device in the new app, do you also see the hub listed as a thing in the classic app under the list of things?

No, it will not display as a device in the classic app. You will see it in the More tab.

1 Like

Where is the “More” tab at ? It is actually labeled “More”
Or are you talking about clicking over “Hub is Online” ?

That’s it! When you click on hub is online. You get all the details

As for Neither of your hubs showing in the new app, it is possible your data is not synced up so you may want to contact ST support.

Initially when I started with the new app, only a very few of my other devices showed in the new app. So I did contact support back then and they did something and everything then showed up. Well everything except the hubs themselves. And I didn’t know they where supposed to show up.

Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. See my screenshot here from the new app. The hub itself should be an item in this list?

Support tech is trying to help but the back and forth email process is painfully slow we are not getting anywhere.

So again, are you guys saying the hub would show in this list here? What is the exact default nomenclature assuming no one changed it for a V2 hub.

Thanks
Jeff

Here’s mine:

OK thank you for that. Definitely a no go for me.

After exchanging many emails with support they are not able to sync my hubs to make them appear in the app. They said it is because the hubs were not assigned to a room back when my devices were initially synced and right now they cannot fix it.

Those who have they hub showing in the new app as a device, does the hub show up as a device in IDE in the device list?
In the first column under “display name” not the fourth column “hub” .

No, it only shows in My Hubs

Well I let it go and forogt about this issue that the hub didn’t show in the device list in the new app, since it didn’t seem to affect anything.

Until today!

I had never added a device using the new app. Today I tried, and I cannot. If I try to add anything with the new app I get " Couldn’t add device You need a hub to connect to this device"

I tried every which way to add a GE Zwave outdoor switch but could not.

So I used the old app, no problem. Thats all fine as long as I have the old app.

Thank you to Raj and his team for syncing my hubs so that they now show up in the new app!
I appreciate the response that I got and the help to get it fixed.

I have the same problem since moving to the new app. My hub (V2) isn’t listed and I’m missing a device the shows up in the classic app. I’ve contacted support yesterday and asked them to look into and sync. Waiting to hear back

If the fix is a sync, why is it taking Smartthings support so long?

What method did you use to contact ST support… by email, through Contact us in the new app or by phone? Generally, if you are in a region where you can call, that is the quickest method to try and resolve an issue. :slight_smile:

https://support.smartthings.com

Thanks for the reply. It was through email. I’ll try calling and see if thats speeds things up. I have my eye on some new devices but wont purchase until I know this problem is resolved.

If you get the right support person, it is usually resolved quickly.

I have the same problem and have been in contact with Samsung since Aug 13th with still no resolution. Contact has been by email and phone. Although support has been nice, problem is still not solved and I am duplicating effort of sending screenshots, etc. Just wish that with forced change to new app that it wasn’t so buggy. I have mentioned every time about reading about the sync on community postings and as of today no one has even acknowledged what sync might do. Please help Samsung.