Hub is disconnected. Help!

I was trying to add my wife’s phone as a presence sensor and I think I screwed up. In the process of setting up an account for her, it asked me for the 6 digit code on the SmartThings box. As soon as I did that, my hub status on my account went to inactive.

I’m thinking the hub is now connected to her account and no longer mine. Is there a way to connect my account back to the hub??

The Hub and associated SmartThings “Account” and “Location” is never tied to a physical “phone”.

Your SmartThings “Account” is identified by your SmartThings Cloud login credentials… in other words, your: email address and password.

You can contact: Support@SmartThings.com to get assistance with your email and password.

But you can also try to login to: https://graph.api.smartthings.com to see if your email and password are valid.

You can uninstall and reinstall the SmartThings Mobile App as many times as you want to any number of phones or tablets; but you need to login to use them.

Your Hub will operate as long as you haven’t “removed” it from your Account.

BTW: The situation you describe sounds a lot like the symptoms of a serious bug that the platform had a week or so ago.

@Aaron or Support@SmartThings.com are your best path to assistance, just in case this bug is affecting you.

Sorry, I meant account. I am still able to login fine but it is showing the hub as offline now.

Thanks for the follow up! I emailed support.

1 Like