I got an email specifying that my hub would be updated on August 15 between 11 am and 2 pm EDT. I’m not sure what happened but since August 15 at 1 pm the SmartThings app has been reporting the hub as offline. The web IDE also reports the hub as inactive and I cannot ping it. I can, however, ping the IP address of the hub from the command prompt in Windows, so it appears to at least be connected to the local network. I have internet access on the network and all other devices (such as my PC, phone, and thermostat) are connected. There is also a solid green light on the hub.
I have tried soft rebooting the hub by pressing the red button. I’ve also tried unplugging it and removing the batteries. I’ve even tried just disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet cable, but nothing works. I don’t know of anything other than the update that could have caused this problem. I haven’t removed, added, or changed anything on the network. It just suddenly appeared to be offline. I’ve searched other topics for this issue and found nothing so I’m stumped.
EDIT: I contacted support and it turns out the issue was with the update after all. They were able to fix it from their end and it’s back up and working.