Hub goes active and inactive

@nayelyz Any updates on this?

I’ve gotten some improvements in stability by eliminating most drivers where I can’t control the timing of updates (including the ST stock drivers) but this continues to happen a couple times per week.

I opened a support ticket as you recommended, but that’s been a complete waste of my time.

Sorry, not yet, I already pinged the team again. I’ll let you know in case we need more info.

Support has now recommended a factory reset of the hub, with the only other troubleshooting advice over two weeks of emails being to reboot the hub. I honestly question whether the support rep has bothered to read my emails before sending back canned responses. This has been a disappointing exposure to the ST customer support framework.

@nayelyz Considering this issue appears to have been introduced with the 43.x firmware and appears related to the Edge beta, I’m hoping you have some sort of update or can at least confirm that someone is still investigating this.

The report I created about this is still open, and I already shared your comments there. I haven’t received feedback yet but we haven’t forgotten about it.
I found your ticket with customer support, so, I’ll leave them a note there, we might be able to check the issue together.

Same issues here. Support is useless and their suggestion to me was to uninstall/reinstall the app.

@nayelyz ticket number 1372720

Yet again this happened. I tried to turn off some of my Wiz lights, which are cloud based, and they send my hub to reboot itself and now many of my LAN based devices are offline.

Mine hub too.

5 hours ago it disconnected 3 times every 5 minutes and stopped by itself.

45 minutes ago it started to disconnect again and the 5th time I turned hub off for a few minutes and it is working fine for about 20 minutes.

No driver installation, driver update, driver change, or anything other than normal operation was being performed when hub start to disconnect and connect.

I’m having some issues with my hub as well.

Half an hour ago I received a couple notifications from Alexa, indicating devices already connected were connected again, but they aren’t working.

Other devices are simply showing connected, the Edge driver info is missing.
Hub (beta) firmware hasn’t updated yet.

Edit: checking the event logs, I have 8 “HubUpdated” events from around 4:30 this afternoon.

That’s what I see too. This time only a reboot fixed this. All but LAN devices seem to work properply. Usually I’ve had to power cycle the hub to fix this.

(Oops, wrong thread with that post but we are also looking into this issue as well)

Thanks for the insight. It’s good to see something is happening behind the scenes related to this problem. :+1:

Hub went inactive/active loop once again this morning. And every time this happens I need to power cycle my hub. That causes some of the LAN devices going offline and they are useless after that. I need to delete them and create new ones. It won’t affect all devices but usually they are the same type, LAN presence sensor and LAN trigger. Do you @TAustin have any idea what might cause this?

Same here. @posborne @nayelyz Is there any progress on this issue? Is there anything in the 44.x firmware to address it?

I’ve never had that happen. I’m not using the LAN driver’s you mentioned though.

Maybe it is down to power cycle why these devices go offline, but shouldn’t they come back online when hub is connected and back in active state?

This disconnect/reconnect issue continues to happen to me several time a day until I unplug the hub to break the cycle. Not only do my LAN devices sometimes not reconnect but some of my motion sensors (mostly sonoff) require battery removal/reinsertion before they’ll work again.
I have been working with support and here is their reply from a couple days ago

We appreciate your time and patience and thank you for providing us some time to investigate the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. The engineering team is aware of a current issue where hubs are cycling online/offline frequently. They are treating this as a high-priority issue and actively working towards a resolution.

In the meantime, users who have had similar issues have noted via this Community Thread that powering off the hub for 30 minutes seems to help resolve the issue for a time.

We appreciate your patience while we work to get this issue resolved.

They should come back up, but LAN drivers control their own online/offline status. The next time you power cycle, try going into settings for your lantrigger devices, change the IP address, save, then change it back. That might bring it back to showing as online.

Mine is graph-na04-useast2. I doubt that matters though… The cloud disconnects seem to just be the most visible indication that the hub is bogged down and processing extremely slowly. The best lead I’ve seen has been the socket memory leak, since many users posting about this issue have mentioned using LAN edge drivers.

they probably reboot something repeatedly trying to cleanup mess they created, that is why we see blue led so often

Yet again this is happening. Now that I haven’t been at home for few days I can’t power cycle the hub. I keep getting constantly notifications hub is either offline or online.

Have you already tried to reboot the Hub from the IDE?