Hub Firmware Release Notes 5/09/16 (Hub V2) - 14.39

Dammit. Did your update break up TCP Connected bulbs integration again? The link was broken between the hub and the Smart Things hub at 12. By 2 AM (according to the logs), it was broken again.

This damn thing is worthless.

1 Like

@slagle @duncan Refresh rate is MUCH improved. Still not perfect though. Just letting you know. Thanks for all your hard work.

1 Like

I can say one thing, over the past 3 weeks system stability has improved drastically. Have had zero issues (other than a few in app errors).

Aren’t zwave and sonos operating in a completely different frequency spectrum? I know sonos uses a proprietary wireless mesh network, but I thought it was in the 2.4ghz spectrum. Zwave is nowhere close to that.

Not just you
 After update custom images all lost from our iPhone, Android and Windows Phone apps. iPhone also lost “Things” list completely. I’ve emailed support with all the details.

After the update my hub is stuck offline, but has green lights. Anyone know how to fix it? They said this is a known issue and an engineer will have to investigate it, anyone know of a way to fix it myself? Really need it to work right now.

I had the same issue with Iris where the hub would be all green and appear to be connected, but the was not. To fix this, I used to have to pull power & batteries for a few seconds.

It was a 4-5 time a week occurrence for me with Iris, and Lowe’s support kept blaming my internet connection and router. On top of that I was resetting 2-12 devices daily which disconnected. However, in 4 weeks of SmartThings neither the hub nor a single device has disconnected once!

I like the frequent updates, and the communication from the team in advance of them. ST, despite having it’s own issues, is a much stronger and more stable platform than Iris, and I doubt Iris will ever catch up.

1 Like

My hub is offline for the 4th time now since the update. I’m not home so cannot see the state of lights to report that. I do know that my internet connection is up. I can access my IP cam so internet is working.

I don’t think we are getting reports of hubs being offline. It could be as simple as @SteveWhite mentions. Pulling the battery and power. If not, please let support know.

It’s an awful big coincidence that I begin to have such a pronounced problem on the same day as the hub update but It certainly won’t hurt me to give the hard reboot a try. Of course that will have to wait till I come home to the house with no lights on for the 2nd day in a row.

My Hub went offline at 6.01pm (I get a message to state this) and is still offline an hour later - how long should I wait before I reboot it.
I just presumed that it was the update bu am now not so sure.
I don’t know if it is coincidence but my internet went down momentarily also around that time.

Is your internet still down? Do you have uverse?

Strangely on advice from support staff pulling the batteries and downing the hub for over 20 minutes fixed my pictures?!
Bang goes my theory that they were stored in the cloud!

It’s not a direct interference issue, but appears instead to be something architectural within the SmartThings platform. It may have to do with some kind of flooding. It’s been a known problem for several months and regardless of the reason, removing multiple Sonos devices from the SmartThings account often magically makes all the Z wave devices start working again, even though the Sonos devices are still working on their own network. (Which also tells you it’s not a frequency issue.) . It’s really weird, no question, but it’s real.

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Bug:_Sonos_integration_causes_network_failure

Taking the hub off line for 20 minutes can then cause it to re-sync with the cloud account when it comes back online. So it can solve multiple problems, including some having to do with local/cloud integration.

Since this update everyone seems to be having issues getting @adamclark_dev’s lightwave integration to respond / work like the above mentioned tcp bulbs one . . . Any ideas?

No, the internet only went off for a minute or so. Not sure what uverse is?

I have disconnected it from the power and internet and am now going to give it a few minutes before plugging back in.

Uverse is the DSL Internet service from AT&T.

Oh, ok. No, I am in the UK. I think I have a problem. I have reconnected and no difference. I have had a constant red light for 3 hours now. I will put a support request in.

Roger, that makes sense. I wasn’t aware of the flooding issues. Thanks for the info.

1 Like