Hub Firmware Release Notes 5/09/16 (Hub V2) - 14.39

so far so good for me I have not noticed any changes in anything everything has been firing as it should. i did see a delay when i opened a door the lights were a second or so behind but only once im on the east US server

1 Like

Will the fingerprint in DTHs need to be updated for Join v2?

They should continue to work as is, but let me know if you see new mismatches.

I’ll be posting a guide to the new fingerprint format when it’s ready to use, but the current one will still keep working for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Would i need to re-pair all my ZWAVE devices to get the new info or will a ZWAVE repair/rediscover network do the trick ?

thanks

A repair wouldn’t work. We’re planning to add a way to refresh the info for already-added devices, but not sure when that will be done. The main goal was to be able to use this for more accurate fingerprinting.

1 Like

thanks
 will wait
just a pain to repair 30+ zwave devices :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Since the last update I’ve had devices randomly become unresponsive. I’ve had to force delete one of my three Honeywell z-wave thermostats and reset it along with one z-wave ge/jasco switch

Seems like the device “id/signature” (something similar to a MAC address) gets corrupted on the SmartThings.

I could not exclude it and ended up force deleting it and resetting the thermostat. Repair did not work.

Im seeing similar with Belkin bulbs not switching on or off or reporting incorrectly in Smarttthings. I thought it was the motion sensor that was faulty, but now appears to have been the bulb since last update to the hub.

Today I completely removed the device and then re-setup completely and it seems to be working again.I hope that its now ok, but I am getting a little frustrated how firmware updates are causing problems & mean constant maintenance our end to get things working again. My system was all working fine until the last update. I can see why people are losing faith in the solution. One question - is there a way to stop the automatic updates to the hub?

Ever since the last update the few Wemos plug that I have are constantly switching to offline
 I have to go into the device and press refresh twice to reacquire the connection

My “kittchen lights” and “breakfast nook lights” have both turned on twice tonight, at the same time, for no known reason.
one is on a zigbee switch and the other is on a z-wave switch.

Support is really good at sleuthing things out like this and escalating as needed.

Since this update my Hub constantly says it’s offline but it’s working fine. I will get a notice that it’s back online and then within 10-11 minutes it’s offline and stays that way. But again I can access it remotely while it thinks it’s offline. This is been happening a couple times a day.

Mine was going offline a few times yesterday, did a reboot of the hub and seems to be fine since.

I posted in the General ST post about the offline/online cycle of the hub as well. I had not noticed the update, but it coincides with the beginning of that issue. Had another person with the same problem post there too. It takes a reset to calm the hub back down.

any idea why the device data is missing after the firmware upgrade ? The old join used to show the device mfg, the new join has no data

I joined a new GE in wall ZWAVE switch post upgrade. All my other GE zwave switches pre upgrade show up with Jasco as mfg. This switch is from the same batch and was bought together with the other devices

@BatraD
Yes, I think I am seeing the same thing, missing data after the firmware upgrade.

Things joined before update versus joined after update

I think it may be to do with the way things are reported now. @duncan had sent out a notification earlier about the Raw description and how fingerprints are processed. The information now appears to be showing in raw description.