Hub Firmware Release Notes - 30.3

Update to below. I must have spoke too soon. I had automations and most things working after your soft reset idea. The hub wasn’t going off line and disconnecting like it was. Then the automations for lights via the app stopped working. My voice commands via Alexa stopped working. I reset the hub again and have a steady blue light once more, but the app says it is online. Yet nothing is working through the app.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Wow. Thank you for the quick reply and suggestion. The hub was staying online for a while before I read your message but things were not working. I tried your soft reset and things seem to be pretty much back to normal. A few glitches here and there that will probably resolve themselves but I am back in business as far as I am concerned. Thank you very much and I will put this trick in my files.

It only took a couple minutes.

4 Likes

Brad,

I tried the soft reset as you suggested and the LED lights definitely changed colors but in general, after 45 minutes it’s still alternates between solid green and solid blue. I still see the hub marked as inactive. Interestingly, it removed all of my devices from the smart things app but I can see them all listed in the IDE.

I see one more entry in the log saying that the hub was deleted.

Any advice on what to do next?

Okay I have an update. Via some act of God, I kept trying the soft reset and it seemed to have updated finally to version 30. That’s the good news. The bad news is that it wiped all of my devices completely and created a new hub. Now there are two hubs. The old hub has deleted appended to the end of it and that’s where all my devices still are. Can you on the back end move all of the devices to the new hub?

If you are having issues with multi-channel z-wave devices please visit this topic

https://community.smartthings.com/t/zwave-issues-with-firmware-update-30-3

3 Likes

I’ve got a Danalock v3 connected via Zigbee to the hub and SmartThings is no longer updating the device’s status when the lock is manually locked/unlocked since the upgrade. I can refresh the status of the device in the app and that works, and I can control it from the app too. A friend of mine has the same device and his has started doing the same too this week.

(note, re-posting here because my original post had been moved to the z-wave multi-channel issue thread. I don’t think this issue is necessarily related to that because my lock is Zigbee. But, if I’m wrong, please remove this post and I’ll discuss it over on the other thread instead)

Replying to myself here… I changed the DTH to something random, saved, then changed it back to ‘Zigbee Lock without codes’ and it seems to be working again. Very odd. Ignore me for now unless I revive this in a few hours when it stops working again :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Zwave Issues with Firmware Update 30.3

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Zwave Issues with Firmware Update 30.3

Looks like a hot fix has been rolled out for this, although I can’t seem to see any note from ST acknowledging the issue

Someone on the separate thread about the issue mentioned a fix was incoming. I’ve just tested mine out after WebCoRE armed the system to stay and the system disarmed and did not alarm when I opened the door.

Since this update nothing in my home connected to smart things is working.

I have a green light and ide states I’m 30.000003 or w/e.

I have remote control such as the app but things like Google home cannot connect.

@djh_wolf and @Guy1992 are your issues with SHM?

Thanks for the recommendation. I had updated my original post. I figured out that remote commands such as from the app worked. Specifically it was Google home that was not connecting to smart things. When I tried to “sync devices” it was telling me ST is not available. The ide said everything was ok. So I went to my Google account and was able to “relink account” and it made me give access again. After doing that I tried “sync devices” again and it worked. Seems like everything is back to normal. Very odd that it unlinked like that. Never had that before.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Zwave Issues with Firmware Update 30.3

They were, but looks like something has been fixed in the background

Same happened to me, figured out with some help here that there was a virtual switch automation that caused the lab to kind of crash and result was in having it on INACTIVE state.

After deleting the automation of this VS - all came back to normal.

Hope it helps.

I timed several disconnect events using IDE website and looking at the time stamps. My hub is disconnecting every 5 minutes and 41 seconds like clock work. Once disconnected, it reconnects, registers and pings for a minute and ten seconds “ish”. The clock is still running from the last disconnect and 5 minutes 41 seconds later it disconnects again and starts all over. Support has been in contact with me which is very much appreciated on my end and I hope there is an answer soon to my 2015 v2 hub issue that just started the day I got the 30.3 update on March 5 2020

1 Like

My whole system is down as well since the update. But it is on the hub level that keeps disconnecting. I use a combination of ge switches, door sensors, schlage locks, etc. I have tried everything I can think of on my end and support is being attentive to my issue but no fix yet

I notice that part of the update is a security update. I would agree. My hub is so secure now that not even I can use it at all.

1 Like