Hub Firmware Release Notes - 20.17

And I hope that this upgrade fixes the issue with my rainbow not having a pot of gold at the end of it… The leprechaun is optional. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No TV fixes in this firmware that I know of

1 Like

We are looking into this but I am curious about when you would use this? If you’re using the stock DTH, why would you self-publish?

1 Like

Thanks. Lots of reasons. Bugs, enhancements. Not all locks work with the stock and some need modifications for processing lock events etc to get it work properly with ST. These basically modifying event processing so if the stock device works in the cloud the fixes and enhancements will also work.

Well at that point you aren’t using the stock DTH. Given the nature of custom code, Smart Locks is certified to work with WWST locks using stock DTHs.

Okay, so it doesn’t work with the stock DTH in the cloud either (unmodified). We can go around in circles here, the point being there’s a bug in the local execution of the app, it has nothing to do with modifications. It would be nice if ST can look into the issue and fix it.

Isn’t it ST’s architecture that it shouldn’t matter if the code is running in the cloud or locally. It should work the same right? Well it isn’t in this case.

1 Like

It’s pot of bitcoin now BTW.

Gonna need a bigger pot then.

1 Like

Ramit, we are looking into it. I am just trying to establish the conditions which it occurs. As I said, Smart Locks is intended to work with WWST locks using a stock DTH. Any deviation from that ideally won’t cause issues but is not guaranteed.

1 Like

You can replicate the conditions using the stock DTH running the cloud Brad. The only difference being running locally and in the cloud.

Can you clarify…I have a 2017 Samsung TV and I just logged with the same email account as the one in Smartthings…still nothing listed.

Which firmware version does your TV have? If you sign into the Samsung Connect app with the same Samsung account as on your TV, do you see the TV under your devices?

Yes all my devices appear on Samsung Connect

• 4 tvs (one of them from 2017)
  • 1 samsung powerbot
  • 1 washing machine (this also works fine on ST)
1 Like

Your powerbot should be found with the new firmware. It found my R7090 during the 20.xx beta. Not so lucky with my KS8000 series TV.

1 Like

What does this mean? I have my TV and SmartThings on the same network but can’t connect the two any more. How do you “associate your Samsung account with your SmartThings”?

1 Like

My 7040 still won’t reconnect.
I emailed Samsung support they said I had to go to SmartThings support.
I emailed SmartThings support, they said I had to go to Samsung support.
I’m glad to see there was a fix for some people though.

My 7040 won’t connect to Smart Home, that says the vacuum is too new, use Smart Connect.
It was properly connected and working with Smart Connect and my Samsung account until that connection broke. It is still on my WiFi ok.
But now any time I try to reconnect to Smart Connect it gets to exactly 53% then fails.
I never had it connected to SmartThings, which is signed in to my SmartThings account.

The big problem seems to be re-registration of the 7040 failed once, and now there’s something messed up in the smartthings/Samsung cloud I expect.
I’d try a hard reset of the 7040 if I knew how.
I can use the hard power off button, but that doesn’t fix it.

Any help? Any ideas?

Oh my Hub is still on version 19, and it’s not the end of Thursday Feb 1 yet.
I’ll report back again tomorrow. Nevermind :slight_smile:

Haha, I was going to ask if you were on the beta. Go ahead and delete it from all the other apps and then add it it Samsung Connect. Then you’ll be ready for the SmartThings update tomorrow.

I hope this is seamless for me. It usually is.
I’m halfway around the world at the moment and if this bricks my hub I will not be happy.
I wasn’t a fan of being able to schedule updates. I am now.

Hi Brad.
My Tv is on version 1151.1.
I can see it on Samsung Connect not in Smartthings.
I am not part of the migration account program.

thanks