Hub Firmware Release Notes - 19.19

My hub has been offline for over an hour after the update that is only supposed to inconvenience most users for a minute!:disappointed:

(Nick Stevens) #22

I apologize for the inconvenience - we’ll be reaching out to both of you to get more details and get this sorted.

(Marcaugust) #23

Same thing here my Hub in CA is offline after update
2017-12-04 8:39:13.182 AM PST
2 hours ago HUB hubStatus disconnected Your SmartThings Hub at 4151 is now disconnected. Please check your internet connection.
2017-12-04 8:39:09.619 AM PST
2 hours ago HUB hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: FFFFFFFF, version: FFFFFFFF, hardwareInfo: 000F hub updater action: notify, s… hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: FFFFFFFF, version: FFFFFFFF, hardwareInfo: 000F
2017-12-04 8:38:38.737 AM PST
2 hours ago HUB ping ping ping
2017-12-04 8:38:07.633 AM PST
2 hours ago HUB hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: FFFFFFFF, version: FFFFFFFF, hardwareInfo: 000F hub updater action: notify, s… hub updater action: notify, status: SUC

(Marcaugust) #24

Just a follow-up. Hub now online. Required hard reboot. Reset alone or network disconnect/reconnect did not do the trick

(Daniel Pena) #25

My hub is still offline also.

(PPO16) #26

Updated 19.19 this morning and as usually, lost something: today seems limited to one multipurpose sensor, offline for now more than 1h. Being out of town, I just have to hope no one breaks in today

(Ron S) #27

The same thing happened to mine during the previous update. The hub was showing orange light. I took a chance and rebooted the hub and everything started working fine.

Disclaimer: May be I was just lucky. Make sure you leave it alone till support gets back to you.

My hub is dead and it’s blinking blue.

(Nick Stevens) #29

Flashing blue indicates that the Hub is not able to get a network link. You can try disconnecting and reconnecting the network cable, and if that doesn’t help, power cycle the Hub.

Don’t do this yet. Wait for support, but one of the ST staff had done this:

Just letting you know that I don’t think you are dead (bricked).

Edit: Or wait for @nastevens :slightly_smiling_face:

Trying multiple times already. Unable to ping the hub.

(Nick Stevens) #32

If your Hub has batteries, you will also need to pop those out to do a power cycle.

I don’t have batteries in my hub.

(Paul Osborne) #34

Please try rebooting your router. We have seen an issue like this sporadically and this typically resolves the problem. Feel free to PM @nastevens and I with additional details about your network setup assuming this works.

Paul, I have a solid red light and have been offline for about 2 hours. Are you saying I am safe to try resetting it? I really want to avoid losing all of my config and/or toasting my hub. Thanks,
Steve

For whatever reason, my hub is still showing version 000.016.00014. I’ve received emails over the past 6 months or so after every firmware update stating that it completed successfully. I’ve hard rebooted the hub numerous times, but no luck and I do not have batteries in it. Thoughts?

(jkp) #37

Contact ST support. There was someone recently who had the same issue.

(Nick Stevens) #38

Please reach out to support@smartthings.com and mention that you have a Rev D Hub. Long story short, Rev D Hubs were development hardware that went out to testers and were supposed to be returned/replaced. But every once in a while one pops up… seems you’re today’s lucky winner.

Got it. I was never told/asked to return it. In fact, I was told I could keep it. :wink:

Is this deja vu to April?

Red is not good.