Hub Firmware Release Notes - 19.19

Please don’t revert the software for everyone. I would suggest the majority are not having issues.
What I would suggest though is that you pool all your resources into finding out why some users are having catestrophic issues and resolve it ASAP.

2 Likes

The problem for ST is they’ve made it very complicated for themselves, reverting one firmware back maybe wouldn’t be enough, any simpleton knows if you introduce a code with a bug, you revert back, but instead of concentrating on a reliable system they are trying to over reach themselves with constant “bug fixes and improvements” that is just digging a bigger hole for themselves. I now have Z-wave devices that I can’t use because they are offline, I have lights not turning off or on when they should in certain modes, when I return home, SMH disarms but executes Away Mode, or does something else completely random, I have a hub that frequently disconnects itself from the internet and shows “offline”.

1 Like

A reminder to please keep things civil. We will do everything we can to help people having problems, but verbal abuse is not welcome and verbally abusive posts will be removed.

18 Likes

Hey, for once I can’t complain, After @posborne was able to finally get my hub to update everything has been pretty much solid for the first time in 3+ months.
I can see my Gardenspots that have always had the habit of dropping off, still drop, but somehow ST manages to reconnect without me having to climb under the porch to powercycle them. ( I assume they must have dropped because when they come on they are the default pinky/purple that they are after a reset/powercycle )

2 Likes

How nice. Claim verbal abuse to remove posts that complain about Smartthings sending out a faulty firmware that kills ZigBee device functionality.

But no - everything is honky dory!

Please revert the software FOR EVERYONE OR FIX THE PROBLEM!!!

Turned on ZigBee OTA. No change.

This firmware KILLED ZigBee. WTF
Which IDIOT released this into the wild?

This has not been fixed since Monday December 04 WITH NO RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT!!!

I am sick and tired of Smartthings saying that they are looking into this AND BTW THE PROBLEM IS NOT DISCONNECTS FROM THE CLOUD.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT SMARTTHINGS RELEASED FIRMWARE THAT DOES NOT WORK AND KILLS ZIGBEE!!!

DOWNGRADE THE FIRMWARE IMMEDIATELY FOR EVERYONE OR SEND ME A NEW HUB!

Firmware is working better than ever for me please don’t downgrade everyone

2 Likes

19.19 here, and not a single issue. Good job!

2 Likes

I have been too busy to follow the forum and look into my problem, but about 3-4 weeks ago I believe my whole Smarthings setup began being really unreliable. Before I would say 99% of actions where executed. 3-4 weeks it dropped til 75%.
It means

• lights did not turn on, where motion was detected. Lights did not turn off after motion stopped, and similar actions were not triggered as they should. All through CoRE I need to say, if it makes any difference.
  • Also lights began to turn on in my bedrrom in the middle of the night. Possible reacting to motion detection, but only randomly, My Piston in CoRE says only to turn on lights in bedroom triggered by motion in Home-mode ONLY, but yet it keeps being triggered in Night-mode, and is stiil does!!! Really anoyin, and I cannot find any root cause. But I did see someone else mention this similar issue in the thread, so perhaps I’m not the only one.

So did something happen 3-4 weeks ago, approx, that f… things up? It has been improving the past weeks though, but still not perfect. I still have lights not being turned on, when triggered by motion.

See here for issues with switching in wrong mode (kicked off end Nov) …

https://community.smartthings.com/t/mode-options-being-randomly-ignored/106681

1 Like

If you happen to be in the UK, the post above with the link to the thread is where you want to be. There are several people that this is affecting.

1 Like

Yes, in Denmark, so I’m using UK hub and platform. Thank you for the link and glad to hear I’m not the only one.

No. Do not revert for everyone.

2 Likes

Can we have a option to turn off updates till we know they are safe?

2 Likes

This has been asked repeatedly by various members of the forum. It appears that does not mesh with the strategy SmartThings has in place for rolling out releases.

Admittedly, to do so would have pros and cons: not the least of which is managing who has what release – and the resulting support nightmare. OTOH, folks who get woken in the night by sirens or flashing lights might rest more easily! :joy:

1 Like

I think tiered update releases are a fair request. Allow customers to select from beta, production or stable tiers.

1 Like

There are many known (and working) strategies for dealing with this kind of progressive upgrades, Microsoft calls it rings for Windows 10, for instance. Same goes for server-side environments.

Force upgrading everyone, and not giving the ability for people to rollback always creates this kind of frustrating situations… this also goes along with the ability to backup and restore a graph, as well as individual app instances.

For now, the hub is just a plugin of the cloud and versioned along with it, not a real edge device like it should be.

2 Likes

Smart Home Monitor does not execute commands when an intrusion alarm is not cleared in the Phone App and a second intrusion occurs

A user @kian of my SHM Delay app reported this and I erroneusly thought it was his Arlo Siren becuase I remember testing this scenario and thought it worked for me a while back. However, I went back and tried this and Smart Home Monitor is failing to execute any commands other than sending a notification when a prior intrusion alarm is not cleared from the SmartThings Phone App.

This needs to be fixed ASAP!

1 Like

unfortunately this is old news. It is also true for the leaks module of SHM. Just doesn’t make any sense. I agree it should be changed.

1 Like