Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.24.11

Thanks for the feedback. I have a vera sitting in the garage that I am going to bust back out. It wasn’t the most fun device, but at least they never made it stop working.

My ST ticket has not received a response. It has been two days now. Half of my home isn’t working. They broke my equipment, and now refuse to offer the slightest bit of support. And now it is the weekend. Fun.

To add to the stupidity, apparently, they limit the number of replies you can have for a new account. I had to write this and let it sit for an hour before I could actually reply. What a joke.

Same exact thing with mine. I changed the battery and that fixed it.

Finally got home the light on the front of the hub was blue. I ran a speed test with good results. Cycled the modem and router anyway. Also pulled power and batteries from the hub. The light is now green. The hub seems to have some back to like. I will monitor, but working at this point.

Looks like you were offered special treatment by a software engineer. How do you interpret that as refusal to help is beyond me. What other company as big as Samsung comes into a community to offer help to individuals with system problems. Here is the message you may have missed above while you were complaining about not getting any support.

10 Likes

Add me to the Dead Battery Club. Seems like all of my Samsung multi sensors were hit…a few are now at 1%, a couple are completely offline, and the strongest reading of the survivors is in the 20% range.
My motion sensor is down to 67% as well.

Labeled as “offline” but working fine, or just dead and not responsive?

Actually, looking closer, only one is unavailable and is dead. Last battery status was 89%.

After the update more than half of my z-wave devices (many Leviton switches) are now unresponsive. This is ridiculous. Does anybody have any idea what I should do?

I’ve done hard reboots. I’ve tried checking on the developer’s website, they show as online and being polled. Yet they don’t work. Locks, light switches etc.

Forced firmware updates are not always the best option.
-Jonathan Dunlap

Another user with problems after the 0.24.11 update.

I’m barely getting started with ST. So far I have a single Leviton smart switch and a single Samsung multisensor. I’ve got ST connected to my “Honeywell TCC (Connect)” account to control 3 Honeywell VisionPro 8000 Wi-Fi thermostats. I’d like to control my LiftMaster garage doors and Nest cameras with ST but that seems not possible.

The TCC connection stopped working after the ST hub update. No error messages, just non-functional. Based on what I read here, I tried to remove the SmartApp but got the never-helpful “an unknown error occurred”.

I was able to get the TCC SmartApp working again by going thru its configuration steps.

Everyday a new surprise! Today my very reliable IRIS plugsa repeater says unavailable. This device has been rock solid for four years. The device itself works, but the repeater section says unavailable. But the testing shows it is working. This is nuts. I seem to spend hours correcting problems.

@Kianoosh_Karami
1 How/ why was I removed from centercode? I just logged in to submit a bug report and it says I was removed from the project.
2 How is my GE fan controller now reporting Lux & temperature?

Not sure how it works but maybe because the beta is over and this is in production?

That isn’t how it works, I’ve been enrolled in it for " years".

Check your device handler. Mine have changed themselves before.

My bad, sorry.

Well - I spoke too soon.

Since yesterday I have replaced batteries in:

Both garage door opener multipurpose sensors (SmartThings)
Two motion sensors (SmartThings)
Moisture Sensor (SmartThings)
Presence Sensor (SmartThings)

I lost connection to my Aeotec open/close sensor, but turning on and off device health seemed to fix than one (I always leave it off).

I have never had so many devices lost battery life so quickly. And the moisture sensor went from 100% to 87% in less than 12 hours, which is WAY different. I don’t think I have replaced that battery in over one year, but now it will be in two weeks!

So there are some definite issues. Either with the actual connections draining the battery, or the calculations leading me to believe batteries need replacing unnecessarily.

Dissapointed!!!

Still says Jasco dimmer in IDE

I have a virtual switch I use to voice control a device.

It had worked fine but now is totally intermittent

I can turn it off/on and maybe half the time it works .

Any suggestions to fix that ?

How long did you power off the creek bulbs?

Just my experiences here…

1. turn off device health, it’s bad for your devices health
  2. after an update check the dth for any affected devices. Some custom dth have not been updated to the change st made in battery reporting not too long ago.
  3. just because the app says it’s got a few a battery and/or is unavailable, check the device. Test the automation, or make a test automation to test them. If the automaton performs as expected dying address it, it’s just the app.
  4. back to the dth, I have many of my iris contacts and motion sensors change from the stock dth to a custom dth by themselves after an update. Reset the dth and see if the status changes.
  5. if you have a troublesome device go into the dth, select type, change it to something random, it doesn’t matter what. Click save. More go back into it and reset the dth to the proper one.
  6. 95% of your problems… But most likely 100% of your problems are due to the ST backend. If your automatons are working within an acceptable level turn off the app… Have a beer or an ice cream and wait it out. Cause odds are your stuff ain’t broke, theirs is.

That’s my 2 cents of being with ST for 3 years and having over 200 physical devices.

7 Likes