Hub Firmware Beta 0.29.x

@posborne and @BarryA ,

Submitted BUG-0066 (HUB_DISCONNECTED status for 23 devices since upgrade to v29.6) this morning.

got the update, have not noticed any issues so far…

Thanks, we’re taking a look and will discuss and update the centercode ticket. Thanks for filing.

2 Likes

I’ve still not received it.

Is zwave error 113 something we should worry about?

1 Like

I get that error on every single reboot, and just for my Linear garage door opener. It’s been going on for generations of firmware releases…

yeah, i seem to remember it from before. I get it for the linear GD00z and an Iris outlet repeater.

1 Like

We got your updated hub info. Your hub should be getting the beta firmware shortly.

1 Like

Error 113 is logged when a device does not respond to periodic polls (basic get) we send to track device health. If the device is still working normally, then the issue most likely isn’t serious. However, we’ll look into why your garage door opener isn’t responding to see if there’s anything going wrong on our end.

4 Likes

Regarding Z-Wave error 113, it seems some devices just do not respond to the basic command class even when they should technically be doing so according to the specification. The Linear GDO is one such device. From the device’s installation manual:

This is a Security enabled ZWave product and must be used with a Security enabled ZWave controller in order to fully utilize this product. As such, this device will not respond to Basic CC commands.

In a future release, we plan to enhance our device health polling to overcome this issue. However, for now, you should be able to safely ignore the error. The device should still function normally.

6 Likes

Thanks Chris! Things seem to be operating normally so far.

1 Like

@Automated_House yeah, we were going to include that in the release notes but @BroderickCarlin and I were out of town at a CHIP conference so we missed the internal release notes review.

4 Likes

no worries! CHIP is obviously important.

Late to the party but I just noticed a large number of my devices were marked as HUB_DISCONNECTED. As reported by others, a simple hub reboot fixed the issue.

Things seem to still be working well on my hub. Even got a little preview of S2 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Automated_House, since when the Association Groups are showed in the IDE? Is it new as well? That is again looks awesome. It will make possible/easier to configure Zwave devices to communicate with each other directly.

Was that implemented with the new way how Zwave devices included or is it part of the DH to gather that information?

I’ll have to look at Inovelli’s DTH. Not sure if that come from SmartThings or through their custom DTH.

1 Like