We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.28.x will begin rolling out in batches starting November 6th; we will send out an email when we start updating Hubs. We will be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users so your hub may not get updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub V2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub V3)
- November 6th
- Stability and performance improvements
- Zigbee Secure Mode cannot be disabled on Hub V3
- Updated LED behavior to differentiate when hub is in Wi-Fi setup mode (slow blinking yellow) and when hub is in “initial setup” mode (alternating red/green).
- Sonos reliability updates when discovering grouped speakers.
- Hue device health update to address frequent online/offline state changes.
- Various minor fixes
*Anyone who participated in the previous beta (0.27.x) is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet, you can Sign Up Here