Hub Firmware Beta 0.25.18

For those who are part of the 0.25.x beta test, we are releasing new firmware:

Version

Hub Targets

• Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub V2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub V3) (2018)

Release Date

• 2/15/2019

Release Notes:

• Fix a rare scenario where local Z-Wave polling functionality was not enabled
  • Turn on blue LED earlier on reboot for Hub V2
  • Fix factory reset functionality for a subset of affected Hub V2s (PGC431-E). Formerly the factory reset process for these hubs would just result in the hub booting with a green LED and no factory reset was occurring
  • Fix a Hub V2 reboot issue which resulted in unresponsive state with red LED
5 Likes

@johnconstantelo, we’re rare!

2 Likes

Me too. Doesn’t seem that rare after all!

Ha! Yeah, I chuckled when I read that.

@cbaumler and @Kianoosh_Karami,

Even though I’m still on 25.17, I just submitted these 2 bug reports:

BUG-0034 : Can’t change the hub setting “Allow Unsecure Rejoin”
BUG-0035 : Can’t change the hub setting “ZigBee OTA”

Both of these settings were set to enabled, but now they’re disabled and I can’t change them at all. I have no idea when those settings changed, but I didn’t do it.

EDIT: My device polling issue popped up again overnight, but it could be related to another ticket being worked on to get Classic and Connect apps to sync.

1 Like

I can change those settings :frowning:

I’m afraid to reboot to see if that make a difference, but it’s worth a shot…brb

There is another thread for that kind of feeling, but is not under a beta topic, those who venture into beta are FEARLESS :slight_smile: (just messing with you)

2 Likes

@johnconstantelo - what are the symptoms of the polling issue?

The polling issue was related to local devices being polled by the cloud, not the hub. That caused a ton of delay, or you had to tap on the Refresh tile for an update. It went away the last few days.

What I’m seeing now is that the device works fine, like a switch, but the tile won’t update until I move out of the device page back to a Room or Things view, or vise versa. Both in Classic and new apps btw.

1 Like

This is fixed in 0.25.18.

1 Like

@cbaumler or @Kianoosh_Karami,

When do you think this will go out? I’m about to replace 2 zwave switched with zigbee devices. I can wait if it will be soon.

My hub has been updated to 25.18 :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is likely unrelated to this firmware but it does to be somewhat worse so I’ll ask…

I have 3 Schlage Zwave locks that have a varying degree of slowness in reporting their lock status… or so it seems… as when I look in the app it appears to be instantaneous but I often get the “door open / closed” audio alert with an extreme delay. I currently use Echo Speaks for this functionality however I believe this was also happening when I was playing messages using a Sonos.

Also, this always happens when I can’t immediately dig into the logs… Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated, but if definitely unrelated to this firmware revision, and they take this thread off topic I can glad to start another thread.

The update should have already gone out to everyone this morning. It looks like your hub did update to 25.18 but Graph isn’t displaying the correct version. I’m adding your instance to the ticket we’ve created for the cloud team to investigate this.

1 Like

Yup, I’m seeing that now too. I see the events in the log to confirm. I’m also seeing the fix for polling.

The 2 bug reports I submitted this morning (see post above) still exist:

I can’t change these settings.

1 Like

Hmmm, I just tested my August lock, and I’m not getting lock/unlock status updates until I tap on refresh, but I can still control the lock. I’ll have to do some more testing today.

Everything working as expected. Time will tell.

You should be able to change it back - My Hubs → View Utilities, but it will revert on a hub restart.

Been there, done that all morning. No can do.