How do I know my voltage of my doorbell?

Would this go in with the two wires at the Bell or in the mechanical chime?

Since I do not know what you have. Or how it is currently wired I cannot say for sure.

If your ring came with the power kit apparently you need this installed for all things to function.

Here is that information: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/208267686-Installing-the-Ring-Pro-Power-Kit-with-your-Existing-Doorbell

I have the Ring Pro new version. Ring is sending my some bypass to see if I can use the camera without the chime.

I know this was a year ago, however I ended up here today. My house was built in 1992 and my volunteer tells me that my wires are putting out 20. Just FYI for any newcomers looking for info…

I’m having the same problem

What problem? The answers have already been given. Find the transformer and measure the voltage with a multimeter. You need between 16v and 24v.

Last month i was in the basement and detected a pungent electrical odor. The 30 year old doorbell transformer was too hot to touch. I purchased a higher quality Elk TRG2440.

I suspect the old transformer failed because it was meant for intermittent duty, whereas the Ring draws power continuously. Also it was 30 years old