Ring doorbell pro transformer issues

Hi
I need some help. I have got ring door bell pro. My current door mechanical bell has a transformer in built but it is 12v output. Can I fit transformer provided by ring and fit it to the pro doorbell. If I do that do I need the paper pro box? I have got a wireless chime from ring, so I assume the transformer will provide 24v to doorbell and chime will ring.
Or in other words is the bypass needed to avoid damage to ring doorbell pro or is it to make the mechanical bell buzz when bell is pressed.
You might have gathered I am no expert in all this… anyhelp will be appreciated

Needs a minimum of 16 volts.

“Your Ring Pro requires a power source that supplies a minimum of 16 volts AC at ~20 volt-amps when connected directly to a transformer or plug-in adapter, or ~30 volt-amps when used with an internal doorbell.”

Install a 24v transformer, which are cheap and easy to install. Just cut the power and match the wires.

From there, just follow the instructions from Ring. They are pretty thorough.

2 Likes

I had to upgrade to a 16v / 24.

works just fine, 16v and 30va is more than suffice to power up the ring doorbell pro

Thank you guys for your prompt reply.

I have connected the transformer provided by ring. Taken off my old deta 3504 doorbell. Still the ring pro not lighting up. ?

Sending you some pics

Uploading: 8D81591E-F9AE-44DB-94A9-5D8F463289AE.jpeg… Uploading: E68A3887-8CCB-4163-87C3-933853DA6170.jpeg…