How Do I Add Additional Users To the App

She has a HTC One M8

No, I didnā€™t mean your wife Dan. Iā€™m wondering what kind of phone YOU have?

HAHA, sorry, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge.

Ok, so I think that proves my theory then. You can only use your account to login to two different types of phones (Android & iPhone) to setup mobile presence devices. I cannot add another iPhone user to my account since i have an iPhone as well, and you just proved that you canā€™t add your wifeā€™s Android phone since you have one yourself as well.

so basically we are still screwed with no timetable of a fix. Definitely a theme i am seeing with ST. This was the same thing that happened to me when I was trying to understand what was going on with my Amazon pre-order.

1 Like

The only time that youā€™re not affected by this is if there are only two people in your household and you each have a different mobile device (1 iPhone & 1 Android). For the rest of us we have to wait until ST fixes this bug.

This is a real shame as I have no choice now but to disable the Goodbye! (away) routine until this is fixed.

Will still try when I get homeā€¦ in about 2 hoursā€¦

I know it isnā€™t the ideal solution but have you tried using the life360 app until the fix is available?

Iā€™ve been using life360 on my wifeā€™s phone (and setting the account up in ST app) and it has been working well so far for me.

Isnā€™t there also a way to use wifi as a presense sensor if you have a DDWRT router? I thought I saw that but never followed up on reading the details of it. This is a pretty EggHead approach, but this is kinda an EggHead hobby/project.

Please donā€™t take that as an insult, itā€™s a compliment. :smile:

1 Like

Just installed it on my Android tablet. No dice! No new ā€˜presence sensorā€™ created.

I can try installing it on my GFs work iP6 and see if that does anything.

+1 for the 1 iPhone/1 Android theory. I got my phone (s4), and my wifeā€™s phone (iPhone 4s) working no problem.

Someone else earlier suggested using Life360 to add additional mobile presence users into ST. I went ahead and setup a Life360 account and now Iā€™m able to import my wife into ST. However, during the time when I was trying to get this to work natively inside ST by logging into my wifeā€™s and sonā€™s phone it seems that I have now broken my own presence capability.

Iā€™ve gone ahead and removed ST from the other iPhoneā€™s in the house, i also deleted and re-created the mobile presence account on my iPhone again but now it does not detect my location when the app is running in the background. It only detects my location after I open ST on my iPhone. I went ahead and actually deleted the ST app and installed it again on my phone. I also checked the location services on my iPhone to ensure that ST has access to GPS all the time.

So I think while trying to install ST on multiple iPhones using the same account has messed up my own presence now. Arghhh!!!

Yeah ā€“ just dont open up the gold box and look inside.

This is not solved yet, and is still broken. Waiting sort of patiently for this to be fixed.

Need multi-user to work in the SmartThings appā€¦ need multiple phones to be presence for my family.

Please, asap, please.

As a new customer (v2 hub at launch), this has been my biggest disappointment, and the reason I donā€™t really recommend SmartThings yet. I check to see it it will let me add one every couple days. Given the nature of the product youā€™d assume multi-user would have definitely been baked in from the start. Hope itā€™s finished soon.

1 Like

Iā€™m using SmartTiles for now to give my wife a mobile interface. It isnā€™t ideal as it isnā€™t a full-featured replacement of the SmartThings UI and it doesnā€™t allow multiple instances installed to one account (so I canā€™t customize a dashboard just for her) but at least she can turn lamps on/off, etc. This really needs to get fixed ASAP. If you guys havenā€™t already Iā€™d say you need to call an all-hands meeting and put the entire dev team on this until a solution is released.

I agree! Just installed my hub yesterday and realized that I couldnā€™t add my family. Not sure how this wasnā€™t a top priority for the ST team from day one, but it doesnā€™t make for a good experience for a new user.

1 Like

I thought for sure theyā€™d fix it after the server update but still no luck. Iā€™m pretty new to HA and can still pretty easily switch systems. If this doesnā€™t get resolved in the next week or so Iā€™m likely going to have to switch to a competitor.

Me tooā€¦this should have been there P1 to fix. I hope ā€˜the new channelsā€™ of distribution will put pressure on STā€™s leadership to get their mess straightened out prior to giving them shelf space or a SKU.