Honeywell (Resideo) service offline

I have the 9580 thermostat and my time was incorrect this morning. I removed the T-stat from the wall and put it back. Basically power cycling it. That fixed the time issue.

Just as i was saying. TCC has just been added to Honeywell Home which has just been updated.

Did not think of that until Honeywell replied to my tweet. Power cycle worked for me, too. Three Vision 8000 WiFi thermostats.

1 Like

Ok, interesting. I installed the Honeywell Home app and imported my TCC thermostats. Seems to work and is certainly a cleaner looking app.

But the backend is still TCC so I’m not sure what this buys me. Using the HH app, am I now going thru a Honeywell cloud service taking to Resideo TCC cloud service so there will be more things to fail? How does this affect the SmartThings to TCC cloud integration?

1 Like

I was wondering the exact same thing…

Could i get a screenshot, as i do not leave in the US…

Here’s the main screen. I’ve got three thermostats. For the screenshot I turned one off, one to cool (blue setpoint reading), and one to heat (red setpoint).

It realy does seem nice! Lets hope that they will migrate everyone from TCC to the home app and use the new service only. Too bad Honeywell is hiding everything behind vaults… would be really nice if they would just provided a roadmap with what they have in mind.

1 Like

It’s definitely cleaner all around. If you use the back button (Android) to exit, you don’t get kicked to the login screen. It’s an actual app and not a thin skin over a website.

One complaint I saw is that changing the setpoint doesn’t default to “temporary hold until next schedule event”. It does do a temporary hold but seems like it’s always using the earliest schedule event of the day as the time to revert.

It’s also doing something not right when you cancel a hold, the setpoint being displayed on the app isn’t resetting to the setpoint currently in the schedule.

So… still a work in progress.

Definitely! This is a new direction for Honeywell and what i am ultimately trying to get out of this, once this is over, is an official integration of my evohome to smartthings.

1 Like

After trying to use the new Honeywell Home app for a couple of weeks, I’m seeing lots of flaws.

• It doesn’t show the current state of the HVAC system so I can’t tell if it’s heating, cooling, or off.
  • Ditto the fan state. I use the “circulate” setting for some zones for some parts of the day. The old TCC app shows when the fan is running
  • As mentioned above, changing the current setpoint defaults to a temporary hold until the next morning. I prefer the behavior of the TCC app which defaults to a temporary hold until the next scheduled change.
  • Changing setpoints from the home screen gives no indication of when the setpoint will revert (when the hold ends)

Overall I’ll give it a C+ rating. Clean design but left out too much information to get that clean look.

2 Likes