HomeSeer HSM200

I am actually am looking for a decent motion sensor and the Homeseer sensor seemingly fits the bill. I am pretty intimated however in trying to get this programmed. This post especially was somewhat intimating to understand HomeSeer HSM200 Support

I have been looking at this motion senor for my unheated garage and would plug it into an outlet which is up located up high near the ceiling. If someone were to bust in the garage via the sidedoor or pop the garage door itself it would detect motion and trigger smart home monitor and ideally the globe light in the device itself would start flashing a color.

I have viewed some threads that seem to indicate getting the different colors set up etc is difficult. Basically I just need it be setup to detect motion, alert my SHM which then would trigger my smart light bulbs. Ideally the globe on the motion sensor itself would illuminate or flash if motion were detected. I would also be most appreciative of any advice/help on whether this could be setup in this way.

1 Like

I should have a fully functional custom DTH posted for it this weekend…

1 Like

The device doesn’t support flashing, except in test mode which it temporarily goes into after pressing the physical button, but the handler below will allow you to use the built-in Automations app to turn the LED on and set it’s color when motion is detected and turn the LED off (or change it to a different color) when motion is not detected.

1 Like