HomeSeer HSM200 Support

Any way to treat this as an ‘alertable’ device? As in, use it from the “Something Left Open” smartapp to send a ‘beep’ to it and have it turn the light on to a specific color?

The “SLO” app recognizes my Aeotec Doorbell (which isn’t very reliable) and it supports being sent a beep. I’d wonder, might it be possible for the HSM200 driver to be configured to support accepting an alert in a similar fashion?

Does anyone else have problems with these just stopping reporting? I have 5 and at least once a day at least one of them freezes and I have to do a rejoin to get it to work again.

Only have one right now, but it has never stopped reporting. Working 100% for several months. Is it the same one or different ones that give you problems?

It’s all of them. They did great when I had 3 then added two more and it is like they conflict with eachother. Odd things. I go to rejoin one and the ide shows a day deferent one rejoining

Hello, thanks for your work on this.

Is there a way to edit the device so that the default information it shows on my things list is the temperature, and not the motion? I’d like for it to look like my other temperature sensors. Thank you.

@Bowzer The SmartThings v1 app used to let you choose which tile was the “default” tile. They removed this feature in v2. You can achieve what you want though by changing this line:

main ([“motion”, “switch”, “temperature”])

to

main ([“temperature”, “motion”, “switch” ])

1 Like

@keltymd Not sure then. Maybe turn the report interval down and see if they behave differently. If you are doing every 5 minutes for example, perhaps try 10.

yeah I tried that today we will see. I cut the illumination report to 127 since I dont need it

Many thanks to Eric M and, all others.
What I want to use this for is for notification. I have a secondary controller that works at the back end of my set up and is linked to my ELK alarm system. If my burglar alarm is tripped, it will turn HSM 200 light red. I then want HSM 200 to notify me once it has turned red so that I know my alarm has been tripped. The app “Notify Me When” will work only if it can process the different rgb color but it only sees HSM 200 as a motion sensor.
Is there a way this can be done?
Thanks

I don’t see where in “Notify Me When” that you can choose to notify based on RGB change. In fact, I can’t seem to find an app or documentation on how to subscribe to a “color change event”. Can you share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

That is my point. I was asking if it is possible to have apps that will have an option to notify depending on the RGB color. “Notify Me When” will be perfect if it has that option but it does not. Does anyone know an app that can do this or, can “Notify Me When” be modified to do this.

I am not sure about other apps but in rule machine I have my HSM200s set to turn green if outside temp is 50-59 and red if it is below 50

I don’t think there are any zwave devices that send an indicator when their color changes.

Is there another switch you can connect to your secondary that you could have turned on at the same time that you send the color indicator to the HSM 200? Then you could probably capture the on/off state change for that other switch.

1 Like

Thanks Robert. Yes Robert, that is my fall back position. I have a on and off switch that is turn on whenever the alarm is tripped. I just thought it will be a more tidy operation to use the HSM 200 RGB color for different sets of ELK alarm notification.

Matt, which app is rule machine?

Im sorry to say if you dont have Rule Machine right now you cannot get it. Bruce pulled it recently.

@erocm1231
Hey, you’ve done some awesome work on this, thank you!

I have a question/issue… The first time I paired up the HSM200, motion was being detected and updated, as witnessed in the “recent” states portion of the SmartThings app. After changing the device handler around (I had initially used the older DrZWave handler then modified it to utilize your updated one, I no longer get motion updates.

What I’ve tried so far was hitting the reset button on the SmartThings hub, removing the HSM200 and re-pairing it, doing a complete factory reset of the HSM200, and double-checked that it was detecting motion by putting it in “test” mode. It just does not seem to report it back to smartthings.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks!

Edit:
This only just happened, but I ended up removing all the other motion sensors paired with the hub (Iris and one of the Smartthings ones) and it seems to detect motion properly again…

1 Like

That is very strange. I have no idea how that happened . . .

1 Like

@erocm1231 @mjmac, @KyleARector, @strelitzia123 ,
I’m working to try to get the Device Type published by ST so it “just works” and you don’t have to use the custom device type.
I’d like to include your edits if you’re OK with it.
I’ve added you as a contributor to the GitHub repository.
Please merge in your changes to the Master and then I’ll resubmit it (again!) and try to get ST to publish it.

Anyone else interested in adding a features? Let me know and I’ll add you as a contributor.

1 Like

I have merged my changes. Hopefully SmartThings will publish it soon. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks!

Eric