HomeSeer HS-WD100+ Firmware

I was able to do it using an aeotec z-stick series 2 and just purchasing the z-flash software. If I didn’t already have the z-stick, I would have just purchased the update kit for $79. I have 20 of the switches and the software worked great. While it is expensive, I couldn’t imagine how long it would have taken if I had to unpair the switches. I think the software only works on Windows though.

Thanks Michael,

Will give it a go.

Just a note here to maybe save people some troubles. If you use the z-flash software and lose the double and triple tap functionality, you’ll likely have to re-pair the switches to ST. Something about associating a secondary controller messes up the associations on the switch. Which sucks, because the whole reason I bought the software was to avoid having to re-pair all my devices :angry:

Quick question, I have a number of WD-100+ dimmers on 5.16 firmware and WS-100+ switches on 5.14. I see there are now 5.19 and 5.17 available. Since HS isn’t really sharing what changes were implemented, does anyone here know what changed and if it would be beneficial to update them? Thanks

Daniel, did you end up getting the HS USB stick & software? If so did upgrading to firmware 5.19 correct the double & triple tap issue? I don’t want to shell out the money if it doesn’t fix my problem (I’m still on 5.14).

Also, HS looks to have a change log here:
https://homeseer.com/current-downloads/

Thanks!

No I never bought the software, I might since I see third up to 5.19 and most of mine are still on 5.14 also

If anybody else knows and can chime in that has the updated firmware that would be great.

I bought the SmartStick+ and the Z Flash Software. I was able to update, using the Secondary Controller method, documented on Homeseer’s website found here: Secondary Controller Method

A couple of things of note:

1. You need to pair the Z-Wave SmartStick+ by putting you ST Hub into inclusion mode.
  2. Once added to your ST Hub as a secondary controller, it will attempt to add the devices. You will not see all devices (HS-Wx100+ Switches/Dimmers). I am not sure why as some of the switches missing were closer to the hub than others.
  3. Of the devices found, you can update them individually or in groups (WD vs. WS).
  4. It takes a long time
  5. In order to get the missing devices, I removed the SmartStick+, by following the exclusion steps. Then re-including the SmartStick+. This time I could deduce the ones that needed updating by their device node, device type, and firmware version.
  6. Once complete though, the firmware version in the ST apps and IDE still listed them as the older version.
  7. To fix this I excluded and re-included one of Dimmers and Switches. Once they were included again the firmware was up to date and the double and triple tap functions worked. However as @justintime has said, all associations were lost and had to be reprogrammed. :disappointed:

Has anyone found way to get the switches to recognize the updates device firmware, without excluding the devices?

Hi folks – I just got a message from SmartThings about changes to custom Device Handlers / etc. and I’m wondering if it will impact the HS WD-100’s?

If so, has anyone figured out which of the several “options” they list for remediation is the right path forward? I would love to get ahead of this if I need to!

Context: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/9339624925204

The stock driver is working for that switch , but you don’t have the double and triple clic.
Maybe someone will fix this

Several people have contacted Homeseer support and they have said that they are going to work on edge drivers for the 200 and 300 series devices which should give you more features than the generic edge drivers, but they don’t have a specific timeline yet. So no promises, but it sounds hopeful. :thinking:

This is discussed among other places in the author thread on the current groovy custom DTH.

1 Like

Hopefully they work with the 100 series or we just have some plane GE switches.

1 Like