iHome updated their firmware, and made a muck of my ISP5 smart plugs. I have fought long and hard, but can’t seem to get any of my plugs to work with ST. The plugs will work with the native app.
1st problem, and a long-standing issue: ST seems to think that I have the following connected: Lamp (twice), Lamps, T.V. and boys T.V., and Tabel light (incorrect spelling to boot). Rest assured, I have never had any of these items. I purchased the outlets as new, and did a factory reset on all of them when I first set them up. None of these items appear in the native app.
2nd issue: I delete all of the above named items as well as the plugs I’ve named from the ST app, yet they manage to reappear. I tried deleting them in the IDE, but they reappear.
3rd: I tried deleting iHome Control in the ST app, but I get the message “An unexpected error occurred”.
4th: I’ve factory reset the plugs after having them off the mains all day, reconnected them via the iHome app, changed their names, yet the new names do not appear in the ST app. The delightful part is that all of the items such as “Boys T.V.” et al manage to make a reappearance.
I’m also open to suggestions for replacement plugs. Preferably something with a small footprint and Z-wave or Z-wave +