Adding another iphone as a presence sensor

I can’t figure out how to add my husband’s iphone as a presence sensor on my ST. Can anybody help with this. I have ST setup on his phone with his own account but when I try to add him on my phone it just says “This mobile phone is already set up as a mobile presence device”. It is talking about my phone. Any ideas?

See if this helps:

If you have android the process is similar.

The main point is that you will have to add it as a presence sensor while using your husband’s phone. That’s because each phone has some identification information which has to be given at the app at the time that it is assigned as a presence sensor. Your phone only knows its own ID. His phone knows his.

Then once that’s done, it should show up on your phone as a “thing” as well. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@JDRoberts JD rocks! I so miss you and the usual suspects. Yeap, I am still with ST but have lost interest.

1 Like

I followed these instructions but when I try to add the iphone on either phone I have to go into Coming and Going then Mobile Phones and then Connect Now. That is when it just gives a Warning! This mobile phone is already set up as a mobile presence device.

I was wondering where you went. Hope all is well.

1 Like

Dude! ! ! ! Come back!

2 Likes

You said he already created his own account? You may have to forget that one.

You NEED to send the invite to his email from your phone. He will click on that link in the email. He will then create his account which will then be linked to yours.

You could try clicking the link and having him log in from there… That might work, not sure.

1 Like

I had sent an invite a while ago but he never downloaded the app at that time. So he was showing under my users. So I guess I need to delete him and try again?

1 Like

Actually, I see that his phone is there under Family. I hadn’t looked there before so I guess it worked.:blush:

2 Likes

I will after November 8th. :slight_smile:

You kidding, look who’s back! After rumors of @april s departure I thought you’d never show up again. Doing ok buddy?

1 Like

You have a scheduled date of regaining interest? Now that’s what I call organized!

5 Likes

Pfft. Who says that?

1 Like

My bad…Correction made :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there anyway to add a phone without that user having a linked account?

I’m really struggling to add other Iphone. I sent an Invitation, then created an account with that address, then downloaded the app and loggged in with that newly created account. It’s asking “Enter Code Here” as if setting up a new hub. Seemingly unable to move beyond.
Any tips?

I’m sure that’s very frustrating. :disappointed_relieved: Best thing to do is to contact support and they should be able to help you get it set up.

1 Like

Yes, put a ticket in with support. Did you create your primary account prior to May of this year (created as a SmartThings account)?

Something similar happened to @jasonrwise77 last week and I reproduced from my account as well. We created a separate new Samsung account, and we sent an invite to another email address, pressed the confirmation in the email and although the url had the redirect with the invite in it, the invite was basically ignored just logging the person into their account with no location. Whatever support did to fix his account, when I came back to mine and accepted the invite, the location for that secondary account was magically linked to my primary account location.

1 Like

Thanks! Both accounts were created today but will submit a ticket anyhow. Appreciate the reply

Robert Ward
+1.832.515.8880
Skype Robert.wardjr

This worked for me. I got the other user registered and app loaded but never got an request regarding adding the phone as a presence sensor device. I emailed support and they included a few more steps to follow that I had not seen before (maybe they are so easy or obvious everyone thinks you know that part!). The below link is what got my wife’s phone after the above steps were completed.

1 Like