Help getting Dome Siren to work with V3 Hub

I have a SmartThings V3 Hub and a SmartThings V2 hub. I’m trying to get the Dome Siren to work with the V3 hub but cannot get it to be visible when searching for devices. I’ve done everything on the Dome site and installed the handlers but still can’t get my V3 Hub to see the Dome Siren.

Any thoughts or Help with this would be appreciated.

Which SmartThings app are you using? Have you tried a z-wave exclusion?

I just paired a dome siren with the v3 hub last night without any issues. I’ll bet Jimmy is right and you need to exclude it and try repairing. Additionally I used the classic app to pair, not sure if it makes a difference or not.

1 Like

I’ve tried using both the classic and the new and cannot get it to work.

When you say a z-wave exclusion, what do you mean?

Thank you. I can try that, just need to understand what excluding it means :slight_smile:

If you click on your hub in the app, and the three dots at the top right, there’s a z wave exclusion. I’ve only done this once and I don’t remember exactly what pops up, or if you need to try to press the connect button on the dome 3 times again. But you should be able to “forget” the dome so that its able to be repaired. Sometimes you have to do this after a failed pairing because the hub or device thinks its paired and the other doesn’t so they won’t try to connect again.

https://support.smartthings.com for how to exclude

Thank you both. That worked and did the trick.

2 Likes